ms200t vs. 338xpt

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
can you back up this claim that the 2139 is different and better than the 338? The published specs are identical, I believe.

The NE 338xpt and 2139T is the same, but the first whit this new changes was 2135T, maybe to test the new developments out.
If you have been reading the news from Husqvarna/Jonsered when 2135T and then the NE334T, 2139T and NE338xpt came out you would know what have been done to them....
The very old 335xpt, old 334T, and old 338xpt is not like the new Jonsered 2135T, 2139T, Husqvarna NE334T and NE338xpt......

From Husqvarna Group;

338XPT represent a new upgraded edition with increased compression ratio for more rapid acceleration and increased torque.The new Husqvarna 338XPT is the result of the successful further development of the previous model. Higher performance and longer operating times ensure maximum efficiency, and the soft inlays on the handle, a new choke/stop control and chain tensioning from the side are other improvements aimed at easier operation and better working environment.

Husqvarna NE 338 XPT
attachment.php

Jonsered CS 2139 T
attachment.php

:greenchainsaw:

Last edited:
one good thing about an echo - don't think I've seen one snap a chain, then again it's doubtful an echo would have enough torque to cut thru flesh anyway cool:[/QUOTE]

Dayummmm, its a good thing my 3450 doesn't know this, otherwise it wouldn't have cut loads of dead, black locust. Anything harder than that is petrified!:censored:

Thanks mag, that's what I thought...

There's no source for the Jonsy's in my area. Think I'll hunt up a couple of the fellas on this board, who might be able to hustle one up, and sneak it over to me.....

I was underwhelmed by my only 338 (now stolen) that I got about 4 years ago. Had it woods ported... it still wouldn't out cut a 200T, nor come close to my one wildcat 335 (built maybe 6 yrs ago), that, with only a dual port muff, was the fastest of any climb saw I've ever run. Too bad it now has shot bearings...and prolly isn't worth fixin.....but maybe....it was awesome.

Hmmm, all you guys talking about .325 on climb saws, sounds interesting. I've not known of anyone in the US of Eh doing this. might be worth a try.

How do ya'll think full chisel would work?...maybe not the aggressive Stihl chain..? I don't recall all the different chain numbers....

bought a 192tc saturday.much better saw.what a relief.

Why, what was the problem with the 338?

Check out my timed cuts on a 192T thread......even my woods ported 192T is slower than a 200T....and the 338's should be close to the 200T's...well, maybe not with the stock muffler.....

Why, what was the problem with the 338?

Check out my timed cuts on a 192T thread......even my woods ported 192T is slower than a 200T....and the 338's should be close to the 200T's...well, maybe not with the stock muffler.....

The muffler outlet on my 339xp looks pretty healthy to me, but I have never been close to a 338xpt - do you have any pics before and after modding a 338 muffler?

The muffler may be the reason that the 339 has a .1kW higher power rating - just wondering.......:confused:

The muffler outlet on my 339xp looks pretty healthy to me, but I have never been close to a 338xpt - do you have any pics before and after modding a 338 muffler?

The muffler may be the reason that the 339 has a .1kW higher power rating - just wondering.......:confused:

The stock muffler has a pretty tiny port....I'd have to take pics....of course I have pics of my added port (but it's bedtime, gotta leave for work is 7.3 hours have an 8 foot at ground level cedar to thin, and a couple of 120 foot wolfy firs to similarly sculpt) which is 9/16th inch ID...and works well......

...Andy...:buttkick: .....

:)

Last edited:
The stock muffler has a pretty tiny port....I'd have to take pics....of course I have pics of my added port (but it's bedtime, gotta leave for work is 7.3 hours have an 8 foot at ground level cedar to thin, and a couple of 120 foot wolfy firs to similarly sculpt) which is 9/16th inch ID...and works well......

...Andy...:buttkick: .....

:)

I take that as it has the original port + a 9/16" added one, thank you!

The stock muffler on the 2135T has also a pretty tiny port, but it was very fast anyway. But now the muffler have been modded and it cut like crazy...
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

:biggrinbounce2:

My 339xp has a tube outlet, with no provision for a spark screen.

Well since I have bended the outlet-port scoop more open and just let there be some metal edge around for holding the spark screen (the outlet is as big as it almost can be this way), I will use the spark screen so there is no way that chip can get into the muffler....
attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I got my used 200T last night, gave it a good cleaning and put it to work. I now know what you guys are talking about "explosive acceleration"! Plus this thing has tons of torque for such a small saw. I left the spark screen out and set it by ear. I checked it with a tach and it was 14,500-14,600. Plug looks good too.

I got my used 200T last night, gave it a good cleaning and put it to work. I now know what you guys are talking about "explosive acceleration"! Plus this thing has tons of torque for such a small saw. I left the spark screen out and set it by ear. I checked it with a tach and it was 14,500-14,600. Plug looks good too.

Great buy Brad, you'll never consider using another brand Top Handle saw again.

the 2hunge is THE climbing saw. do you think i'd bs about something of such importance?

put a 14inch composite lite bar on it.

Troll
The 338 saws have a drum sprocket, what about the Johnsered saws?

Don't know about the Jreds - what I meant is that the same rim and drum setup that is on the 339 may fit the 338 as well.

I don't know the part number, as that option is not listed in the IPLs I have seen - a bit odd.....:confused:

Latest posts

Back