MS230C at my local stihl dealer

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Phecda

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Local stihl dealer has a NOS ms230c- uncommon saw, no mention of it on stihl's USA site. Comes with duro bar and carbide chain. Should I pick it up? It's a bit dusty but looks like it needs a good home.
My smallest saw is a 60cc MS361, so there is a gap that needs to be filled.

image.jpg

They're closed now. I will be by there in the morning to pick up some stihl pre-mixed fuels and bar oil.. It may follow me home.
info on the date's significance?

I suspect it is just a small bore ms250. They did share the same manual at one point. I do not recall what the c means. So they really have hard nose Stihl bars in 3005 mount?

It may just be a regular roller E and not ES.
It comes with duro (carbide) chain.
Would be nice for cutting up garbage, like roots, anything questionable. Trash wood.

Mainly I only noticed it because the dealer stocks only what sells in the area- he has one ms362 collecting dust. Nobody will spend the money for a pro saw that size. He has 4x 440/441 and 3x 461- I just picked up a 461 from him a month ago. Other than that he only carries 180, 251, 271, 291 and 311.
So when I noticed an unfamiliar model I was intrigued.

They're closed now. I will be by there in the morning to pick up some stihl pre-mixed fuels and bar oil.. It may follow me home.
info on the date's significance?
Just wondering how many years it has been sitting around.....
And why.....
It has the e-z start.
Show a pic of the other side too.

There's nothing special about a 230. It's basically the same as the 250 only with a smaller bore and less power. The C likely stands for either easy start or the toolless chain tensioner.
Well yeah...

But the question is/are:
Why is it 6 years old?
Why did they put a carbide chain on it?

That is about when they stopped selling the ms230 around here, if memory serves me right.....

Latest posts

Back