MS260 pro vs. MS390

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you handle yourself in person in the same manner you have around here in the past, I can understand why someone would charge you extra.
yep you got me there,2 different dealers, which are 30mi apart,quoted me 50.00 more just because of things that were said online!not to mention i have purchased multiple saws from both,the more saws i buy,the more they raise the price!

yep you got me there,2 different dealers, which are 30mi apart,quoted me 50.00 more just because of things that were said online!not to mention i have purchased multiple saws from both,the more saws i buy,the more they raise the price!

So your a jackass in person as well as online...

Thats supposed to surprise us?

So your a jackass in person as well as online...

Thats supposed to surprise us?
you live in new jersey,and your calling me a jackass? isn't that a requirement to live in nj? i guess it takes one to know one. i'd take the jackass title,over living on the east coast. do you have that stupid nj accent too? are you done trying to pick a fight w/me? cause i really dont want to talk about the jackass thing anymore,i would rather talk about the ms391

if you gotta run 20 inch i.d say go with the 390. but if it was my 500 bucks.....which it isn't.... i.d go 6401. i'm a stihl head, but it just smokes the competition.

Out of those likely the 390. But realistically how often will you be using the full 20" of the bar? If infrequently, then the 260 may be a good choice. Not nearly as good if the 20" is buried in hardwood.. but if you use mostly on smaller wood it is a lighter saw. Bar length is one consideration for sure, but how often you use that full bar is another discussion. I find most people have bars longer than they need 85% or more of the time.. if that is the case then the 260 may well work well and will handle the full bar if necessary.. although it will grunt a bit.

100% 390. I have a 310 and a friend has the 390. Both of these saws NEED a muff mod. I did the 310 and it felt like a 10-15% gain. Same when I did my friends 390. Although a clamshell, they still make good power.

I'd wait for the 391 or find a nice 044/440/441/460.:D The 260 is a fine saw but is a limber, I run 16" on mine. If I get over 16", I get a bigger saw.

Go with the 390!

Its much better for cutting the size & type of wood you described. The 260 is very close in power to the Husky 51 that you're already using.

I like my ms390 alot, its probably the most used saw in the fleet. With a 16in bar it is a firewood slayer. Put on a 25in bar for flushing big stumps, or use the 20 in that came with it if your just not sure what your gonna run into.

Back