MS260 PRO.....what now?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TRI955

I'm the man in the box
Reaction score
I need a larger saw to go along with the 260. What would be a good saw to take care of larger trees? I have borrowed my brothers Homelite XL925 w/24" bar on several occasions and it works great. I've not run across a local dealer that stocks Husky's, J-reds, etc. so I would like to stick with Stihl. I was looking at a ms440. Please help me spend my money!

A friendof mineruns his MS660 with a 20" bar. That cuts quick.:greenchainsaw:

I run my 066 with a 20" bar sometimes... Gotta love extra power.
100_1096.jpg

saw choice

well sense i aint been beat to it, MS361:greenchainsaw: i now feel better first post were i told someone they should by a 361:dizzy: if it was me i would buy a Ms 390 24" bar. a fer the 026 set it up with a 16" bar:dizzy: now may we let the 361 argument begin:clap: i a pro and my favorite sawz are 60cc ++++. my theory is more powered and longgggggggggggggg bars and big dawgzzzzzzzz:greenchainsaw:
just my drunken opion
:popcorn:

Dad has an 036, my modded 260 w/18" b&c seems to keep up with it alright. I think that would be a small step up....
:popcorn:

A 440 ora 460 will suit you well. A 660 is over kill, which everyone seems to love round here.

I personally do not like a 20 inch bar on a 660. its more like an 18 incher with the dawgs, not balanced right at all. 25 or better. That saw feels gooooodd with a 25 inch bar!!

A 460 give you a lot of power for a reasonable amount of weight. I think the next model up from that is a couple of pounds heavier. I can carry around my 460 without any problems. I wanted the most power with the least weight.

BTW I just did the opposite! I have two 460's and just bought a 260 Pro.

I need a larger saw to go along with the 260. What would be a good saw to take care of larger trees? I have borrowed my brothers Homelite XL925 w/24" bar on several occasions and it works great. I've not run across a local dealer that stocks Husky's, J-reds, etc. so I would like to stick with Stihl. I was looking at a ms440. Please help me spend my money!

Are you looking for a new saw? 440s are slim pickins.

If you got a little extra money, the 460 is more power to the "same" weight as a 441.

My .02

Fred

I just went thru the same exact scenario. I found a brand new 440 and picked it up. The 260-440 combo is great. If you can't find a 440, a 460 will also do. Just a little heavier. The 441 is a nice saw but is also the same weight as the 460. Good luck with your search.

Back