MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So correct me if im wrong,in the last vid we have.
261C
squish band done
woods ported
dual port muff
is it still stratto ?
is the timing stock ?.
full chisel chain round ground.
:smile2:

Whoa! :dizzy: Looks like we're in 70cc territory here... :msp_w00t:

70cc saws better run in the small stuff. Got my tail kicked running my Mastermind 372 by a ported 026 running Jon's chain in a can't race. I bet the same would happen here....that thing is strolling. The 026 I races held over 15k in the cut.

Jimmy....mobile.

Just dawned on me...best part is you keep modding this thing and you haven't had to get the little orange screw driver out once!

Jimmy....mobile.

So correct me if im wrong,in the last vid we have.
261C
squish band done
woods ported
dual port muff
is it still stratto ?
is the timing stock ?.
full chisel chain round ground.
:smile2:

Squish band cut, woods ported, still a strato, timing untouched, full chisel round ground .325 chain.

I've got a video uploading with a square chain.......it knocked a block off at 9.06. Nipping on the heels of Jon's finger ported, 044 carbed 026.

Squish band cut, woods ported, still a strato, timing untouched, full chisel round ground .325 chain.

I've got a video uploading with a square chain.......it knocked a block off at 9.06. Nipping on the heels of Jon's finger ported, 044 carbed 026.

Nipping at the heals with no tuning required ready to work all day with an air filter! Very nice!

Jimmy....mobile.

I am glad it is still strato. I just can't see the point of making a saw non strato, still millions out there that aren't strato to use/work on/mod. Strato is *neat* tech and should remain intact, IMO.

Here she is with square chain. This chain needs some gullet work, there's still more to be had here.

Last edited:
I'm sure you got one laying around the shop somewhere. It wouldn't represent "Apples to Apples",
but everyone here would love to see the video on that one.

I've got a few.......one that's muffler modded :msp_sneaky: and one that ain't.

Freakin awesome Randy. I'll buy a 261 cm. send me the final product and I'll do a dyno test on stock and yours. I'd really be interested to see were you have taken it to in dyno #'s. Please say yes please pretty please:msp_wub:

Freakin awesome Randy. I'll buy a 261 cm. send me the final product and I'll do a dyno test on stock and yours. I'd really be interested to see were you have taken it to in dyno #'s. Please say yes please pretty please:msp_wub:

Let's see how the 460 dyno pull turns out first. To send a saw out to be evaluated has left a bad taste in my mouth before.

Very nice work Randy, I am enjoying this tread and really learning and if that's my mm 372 I would leave to see it against the c m.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back