MS261 VS MS261 C-M Comparison

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's the thing about a work saw... It don't have to be the absolute fastest...
Just fast enough...
It should start well, and idle right...
It should have enough snot to run a size up bar in a pinch...
The throttle response should be crisp, and it should have enough torque to stop and start the chain in the middle of a cut after knocking a couple wedges...
It should have enough speed to move through a leaning tree easily, and run a chain you got the rakers a little too low on...

Oh, and sideways balance is a plus...:msp_wink:

And having the best filtration available on a stock saw doesn't hurt either of the models mentioned either.

I'm about out of coffee

The coffee has run dry, and I need to get out of the house and stop pacing around the computer waiting for a video.

Good luck, I hope the saw gets the gains you hope for.

give him a chance to wipe his butt and clean his teeth oops that won't take long (he's in Tennessee :msp_biggrin:)

so yeah wheres the vids

The video is uploading. I'm freakin blown away......the C-M started with a 17 second average. Now we are knocking cuts off that big chunk at 10.13 That's over a 41% increase....and a second faster than the OE, with the stratos gutted.

good work randy you cracked it i would love to see how long it runs on a tank :clap:

I put a lot of thought into porting this little bugger. I'm tempted to try this jug on the OE and see how it runs fully stratified. :popcorn:

i was going to ask if you were going to test this ,this way ,but know you are busy ,didn't want you to feel pressured into it

i was going to ask if you were going to test this ,this way ,but know you are busy ,didn't want you to feel pressured into it

We've got a bunch of saws to do. But everyone that sends us a saw knows we have a heavy work load, and that the saw will be gone for awhile. I would hope that no one would send their only saw off to be ported anyway. I think we need to finish exploring this saw before we put it away and call it done.

I've had the same saw for at least 15 years, an 028 av that I bought used. Back in the spring we somehow dropped a big pine on it, I was heartbroken, and felt sorta dumb. I bought a poulan and that really made me miss my stihl. I got to looking on ebay for parts to fix her, and in the process came upon this site, thanks for all the great info, by the way. In the last two weeks I've got all the parts I need to fix my 028, and I got me a 026 to play with. Thanks to all you guys and your hot rod saws I'm hooked. I bought a 025 Saturday, again I just couldn't help myself, my wife is so happy. I'm looking forward to posting some pics.

Randy

You've come a long way buddy !!!

Keep up the good work.:clap::clap:

Little joker is screaming! I'm scared what it will do with a good square GTG chain on it...

We're fixing to see about that Jimmy. :msp_wink:

I also want to see if the tach will read on it in the cut. It sounds like it's holding crazy RPM.......

You've come a long way buddy !!!

Keep up the good work.:clap::clap:

A lot has happened since that post Steve......that's for sure. That 026 I was talking about was the first saw I ported at. It was impressive to me at the time, but wouldn't be a blip on the radar today. :msp_wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back