MS362 or MS441?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's only hearsay until we see pics!

Congrats! After you get 5 tanks or so thru it and open up the muffler come on over to the milling forum.

And remember CSM's don't have to be fancy to work
Funny! It does sound like the punchline to a bad joke!

Kidding aside sda, I attach a picture of my very simple mill I made with a couple pieces of all-thread bolted to my bar. (Thanks to Will Maloff for the idea) Note that I drilled and tapped the bar to accept the rod. Figured that was a bit more secure than drilling oversize and having to bolt the rod above and below the bar. Has not let me down in several years.

ChainsawMillI.jpg

I use wooden blocks to adjust the height of the cut.
<snip>

Dan

Congrats!!!! A 441 is great for small to medium milling. I have milled a lot of wood with mine. Milling is where the extra torque and and fuel efficiency of the strato saw shine.

Hearsay no more...

It's only hearsay until we see pics!

Congrats! After you get 5 tanks or so thru it and open up the muffler come on over to the milling forum.

And remember CSM's don't have to be fancy to work

Finally got a couple of quick pics to put up...nothing fancy but there she is...love the saw so far

Thanks again for the help

Last edited:
The 441 is a great saw. When milling make sure to richen it up in both gas/oil ratio and the high end rpms.
A good quality gas, and synthetic oil, running 40:1 and tuned to 11,000-12,000 rpms seems to run well when milling. I've tuned a couple saws for milling and the guys seems to have good luck with the tuning.

Back