ms460 most powerful chainsaw ever made?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lotsowood

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks to all of the arboristsite members for lots of great information. I have just picked up my ms460 today. The saw has 76.5cc and 6.0hp, that is 12.75cc for every 1 hp. Is there any other saw made that has less cc's per hp, I have looked around but have not found one. comments??? no, I'm not stirring the pot, well maybe just a little.

That is a dang good saw! Good luck with it and congrats! Now go cut some wood!!! I love my 441, and that 460 is more powerful!

Thanks to all of the arboristsite members for lots of great information. I have just picked up my ms460 today. The saw has 76.5cc and 6.0hp, that is 12.75cc for every 1 hp. Is there any other saw made that has less cc's per hp, I have looked around but have not found one. comments??? no, I'm not stirring the pot, well maybe just a little.

Better check some more lotsowood

Dolmar PS7900 78.5cc 6.3 bhp = 12.46cc for every horsepower
also .34kw/lb power to weight ratio

Scott

Last edited:
What the F?

Dolmar has been around longer than Stihl.. Now you have went and stirred the pot....

I thought a "name-brand" saw was one you could pickup at lowes, sears, or wal-mart. I wouldn't call Stihl a "name-brand" by any means. "Professional" or "Top of the Line" comes to mind :greenchainsaw:

If a brand has less that 1% market share, would we still consider that a brand saw?

oh yeah, dolmar is way less than 1% here....
Yeah, but New Zealand has less than 1/10th of 1 percent of the market of saws. So, your opinion is worth about as much as a used diaper. :cheers:

Latest posts

Back