MS660 Woes

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So your saying I am dumb and stupid and liar wow, and you say your religious. Never though I would see the day when someone who says the religions and they say untrue thinks about a person whom they know nothing about:msp_sad: I know that water will neutralize gas,why do you think when there is a accident they wash the highway down with water. Obviously you believe lies others on here tell about me:msp_sad:

No one has to tell me anything about you. You say it all yourself. I didn't say you're dumb, stupid, or a liar. What I am saying is that you are ignorant. I would not normally make a statement like this, but you continue to post nonsense over and over, despite being repeatedly shown where you are wrong.

ig·no·rant   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPAadjective
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

So your proving your point you called me dumb and stupid,and you supposed to be religious:msp_sad:

No one has to tell me anything about you. You say it all yourself. I didn't say you're dumb, stupid, or a liar. What I am saying is that you are ignorant. I would not normally make a statement like this, but you continue to post nonsense over and over, despite being repeatedly shown where you are wrong.

ig·no·rant   /ˈɪgnərənt/ Show Spelled[ig-ner-uhnt] Show IPAadjective
1.lacking in knowledge or training; unlearned: an ignorant man.
2.lacking knowledge or information as to a particular subject or fact: ignorant of quantum physics.
3.uninformed; unaware.
4.due to or showing lack of knowledge or training: an ignorant statement.

So your proving your point you called me dumb and stupid,and you supposed to be religious:msp_sad:

HBR, religion has nothing to do with this. Your posts are a detriment to this forum, thus us trying to get you to stop. You refuse. You have no clue about what you try to advise on. You're bringing this on yourself. It's within your control to stop it.

So as a AS sponsor are calling another member a liar,it is shameful behavior:msp_mad:
HBR, religion has nothing to do with this. Your posts are a detriment to this forum, thus us trying to get you to stop. You refuse. You have no clue about what you try to advise on. You're bringing this on yourself. It's within your control to stop it.

Well HBRN, I am heathen and a sponsor of the Foundation for the safe removal of Hymens, so I'm safe to tell you that you are a worthless jackwagon and a danger to yourself and others.

dammitall I seem to have set something on fire...BRB...

ha ha I love reading the posts on this forum in the morning before work. But this is too funny. My only wish is that this poor old 66 would get back to killing timber. I own two of them and if anything like this ever happens to them I think i'll keep it to myself.

As it stands Guido is a liar and a bully. I have done nothing to him and yet he calls me a liar and bullies me in all thread. He is worthless to know,he is two faced liar and a bully!

Name calling and personal attacks will not change the underlying issue of you posting voluminous amounts of information that you are unable to substantiate. Rather than call me a "liar and a bully", why not post something that supports your statements and shows that I am wrong? Seems much easier and it would certainly allow you to gain some much needed credibility.

As a pastor his behavior is that of 2 year that can not have his way. I am being calmer then people know. I have been called a lot of foul things in my day but when some one openly calls me a liar in public forum with no personal knowledge of me,that is uncalled for. I do not sit on here and re-post every offending post on his so why do it to me? I could be nasty but being a pastor the the best way is to call him out. Cutting timber has long since past up being my main wage,I may be rusty with some things but still can get it done safely.

You have made many claims in the past of regarding your work experience to include everything from being a medic, logger, timber preserve manager, fire department battalion chief and now a preacher. In my experience a religious leader is very well read and would be able to express himself in a much more eloquent manner than you have on this forum. If you are unable to convince us that you have experience with a chain saw, how could you possibly convince a skeptic that a God exists?

At this point I am getting the feeling that you are unable to discern fantasy from reality. I think this forum would be best served if you assumed the role of an observer rather than that of an active participant.

i can't believe noboby picked up on this never herd of it. and blow it out really good with compressed oil. ???????
thought oil was like water it don't compress

Last edited:
I know that water will neutralize gas,why do you think when there is a accident they wash the highway down with water.

If that statement is true, then the statement below must be false.

Being retired FD battalion officer...

Just how do you know "that water will neutralize gas"? Is this something that you learned during your fire training? I suspect that a far better way of dealing with spilled gas would be to use a drying agent such as Hi Dry or cat litter and then sweep it up.

If washing petroleum products into our streams was an accepted policy, why is so much effort taken to see that it does not occur and when it does, money spent on cleanup?

Just another example of your "information" that does not pass even a rudimentary sniff test.

So any news on the 66 that is filling the crankcase with fuel ? should be a simple fix...

I'm thinking a high volume water injection kit plumbed directly into the crankcase should dissolve the excess fuel, highly polished or hardened surfaces wouldn't like it much but that's a simple fix by adding some high pressure oil squirters pointing at both main bearings the large and small ends of the rod and one at the cylinder for good measure, correctly tune the water injector to neutralize excess injected oil and put the bloody thing back to work... For gods sake a hillbilly or a redneck could have worked that out, and your repairing saws for a living...Geez...

Currently the jug is being cleaned. I have cleaned the piston and crankcase. Here is picture of how it sits right now.

20111029134735.jpg

For gods sake a hillbilly or a redneck could have worked that out

Maybe but what about and hillbillly AND a redneck all in one?

Ahhhhh yes i see the problem, man i have one apart at the moment too, i just took a pic, you are missing a part, you can clearly see it on mine, its the excess fuel mix washer...

View attachment 204872

Grab one from your local garden supplier...

Hello evening crowd. So I posted a few days ago about an MS660 that I have at work that people were complaining about. The report was that when it was turned sideways it would die. From your responses my game plan would be do the checks that we all know and love: fuel filter, lines, carb, etc. And if that didn't help then I would look into replacing the seals.

So today I had some time to work on it and figured the first order of business was to get it started and go from there. And you guessed it: couldn't get it to start. Now comes the funky part. I noticed a black fluid all over the front of the saw. I quickly realized that a substantial amount of black ooze (that was mostly gas?) was coming out of the muffler! The more I pulled the starter rope the more black oozed out the muffler. So I pulled the muffler off and checked out the piston and cylinder. A nice ring of black ooze around the cylinder above the piston. I also noticed something peculiar: as I moved the piston up when it passed the exhaust port it would start bubbling and fizzing around the rings.

So what the hell is going on with this saw?
Could be an airleak you should vac pressure test it as for the junk in there it also sounds flooded or your oil is leaking into the crankcase either way dump all the oil and gas out and see if it holds vac in particular then pressure test.

Last edited:
and the old sock goes on top of that?

No No No, that's complete, man you have some learning to do, the water will only wash the fuel away leaving residual oil as it's a 2 cycle engine, the sawdust mops up the oil leaving a perfectly clean crankcase, i used one just like it for 8000 hours, fitted new plastic and was able to sell it off as NOS.

I really hope its not something requiring major renovation. For a saw under 3 years old at its price point I'll find it a little ridiculous if its a major problem.

equipment only runs as well as it is maintained. i saw you stated in one of your posts that the saw was a "wreck". 2+2=4

Ah, shucks HBRN blocked Me from posting comments on his youtube videos. I like the one with the 7-55, he is sucking on a lollipop while making the video. What a goon!

Back