MS880 diddy viddy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tree Sling'r

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Well finally got a chance to go up and run the new saw. Honestly, not quite what I expected.
Granted this is the first tank of fuel, ring's are not seated, so it is running a little rich. And, the chain is not the greatest.
I would like to get some more time on it and make something a little better.
I am sure I will be happier when it's broke in and I have a better chain on.

36" bar, 9 tooth sprocket 18" pine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fdxyOHYquoQ

Nice work man! I like the way you almost bogged it in the first cut and pulled it way down in a couple others and she just kept on pullin'. Nice peppy throttle response too. Sounds like a pretty hungry chain. Is that full comp 3/8 chain?

Last edited:
The way those noodles piled up when you where ripping tells the story. That thing has power to spare, you just need to put it to use cross cutting.

Actually, it is not hungry or very sharp. I was pushing really hard just to get an idea of the torque.
The chain is semi skip 3/8 .063.
Thanks for the compliment.

I know you was making a pile of chips and noodles in a hurry. What I noticed is that it holding good RPM in the cut but keeps cutting even when you pull the RPMs down. Should make a good work saw with a powerband like that.

I have never seen a 880 in the flesh seen a 090, but that saw does not look too bulky. Cool vid I cut up a 20'' pine last week with my 7900 I was proud of how fast it cut but now kinda embarrassed after seeing that vid.

I know you was making a pile of chips and noodles in a hurry. What I noticed is that it holding good RPM in the cut but keeps cutting even when you pull the RPMs down. Should make a good work saw with a powerband like that.

Yeah, I will lean it out a little after things are good and broken in. Maybe that same piece of wood will still be there and I can make a version 2 with cut times.
Thanks guys.

Back