MS880 diddy viddy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It'd be nice to see a vid comparing it to one of your 660's.

The saw really sounds like a 460 or 660 to my ears. How does it sound in person?

Responsive like a 460/660, sounds good - but still running rich.

The 460 mods well - those same gains are not in a 660 - I think the 880 runs in the same course. I think there is only so much you can do without going race mod.
When the rings are seated and I put on a better chain I will have a much better idea of it's capability.

I know you was making a pile of chips and noodles in a hurry. What I noticed is that it holding good RPM in the cut but keeps cutting even when you pull the RPMs down. Should make a good work saw with a powerband like that.

Yep nice work Jasha,,,

Show us again when it has a few tanks through it !!!!!!!

That thing has some grunt,,,, I agree.... The noodle pile says it all !!!!!

Not to be sacrilegious, but it seemed a little slower than I expected in the crosscut (maybe chain?),but seemed to pull the noodles strong for a 36 inch bar.

I am guessing you will work out the issues (chain, break in, tuning )and that will be one mean saw.

Yeah, I'm with you and hazard on that. It didn't seem much faster than my 660 in the crosscut, but absolutely stomped it in in the rip cut. Looking forward to seeing this thing once it's broken in with a good chain.

Back