Muffler mod 441cm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Brad in general terms do the stock Huskies run hotter and faster than Stihl saws? Is it the same with ported saws? (I'm not looking to run this thread off the rails I'm just curious. I own both brands and I'm happy with both.)

Well I'm not Brad, but I've ran two 441's that were ported by different people. Both times the 372 was considerably stronger/faster, like 8 seconds in a 24"+ log. I'm not saying a 441 can't do better or a different builder can't get more out of them, I simply haven't seen it yet in person.:cheers:

Out of the box the 441-cm is likely stronger than a 372, but not a 576-AT. Normally I would say yes Husky's are hotter out of the box IMHO.

Last edited:
Well I'm not Brad, but I've ran two 441's that were ported by different people. Both times the 372 was considerably stronger/faster, like 8 seconds in a 24"+ log. I'm not saying a 441 can't do better or a different builder can't get more out of them, I simply haven't seen it yet in person.:cheers:

Out of the box the 44-cm is likely stronger than a 372, but not a 576-AT. Normally I would say yes Husky's are hotter out of the box IMHO.

Good responce, thank you. Now if I may, why are Huskies hotter out of the box?

Good responce, thank you. Now if I may, why are Huskies hotter out of the box?

Well a few of the newer Stihl saws are much closer and in a few cases ahead. With that said it really comes down to cylinder design, Husky has always had an edge here IMHO. One example of this is the two transfer cylinders Stihl used long after husky went to a 4 chamber design. Husky also had the experience of developing motorcycle engines long before they started making chainsaws, so much of that knowledge was used in chainsaw cylinder design. On top of that Husqvarna has a long history of buying out other failing manufactures, simply for their technology, Red Max for example.

The way the ports face (to the right) not directley towards the front i have never started a fire with a 441 or any other saw come to think of it.

I have several times with my 090 with the cast aluminum muffler. Just last Thursday I turned the bark black on a big pine. I waited around quite some time just to make sure no fire started. I had a 5 gallon backpump and was ready to use it.

Was the 361 vs 372 a ported 372? I'd be looking at that 372 lol something ain't right.

Back