My dog is peeling my mesquite

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alayna

Reaction score
My dog is peeling my mesquite tree from the bottom up. I think he is trying to get the roots. Anyway, he has peeled about half of the bark on it. I was wondering if there is anything that I could put on the bare part to keep the tree alive? Is my tree going to die? Please let me know what to do. Thank you so much for your help.

Alayna

Sounds like you need Cesar Milan. There is a product, I've seen it nursery's, that discourages your pet from peeing on the plants. I've heard it works. The tree should survive if he only got to half of the bark. Not much you can do to fix it though. Somebody will be along to give you some advice on that specific tree I am not familiar with Mesquite. To help us help you post a pic if you can. Good luck.

Just a thought from left field but would a liberal dousing of Tabasco sauce keep the dog from peeling the tree and be safe for the tree?

My dog had a problem with digging in the flower beds until I started putting red pepper flakes everywhere he dug. Stopped him dead in his tracks.

Back