my firewood score!!!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whiting-5

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
the local mill i get my hickory sticks from when i can ! this time of year it gets slim pickens still get enough for my bbq restraunt and little for home i talked to the boss man there he said go around to back of property check out the pile back there see if theres anything back there i want its where they put the butt ends off the logs they process!!! this is what i found :jawdrop: most are to heavy to load by hand without gettin hurt:cry: but he was cool enough i can bring my splitter over and bust them up on site and then load in my flatbed its 10 x 7 x 3 feet high head office says he cant give them away has to charge something so we aggreed on 5.00$ per truck load.

Hello,
That looks like a "Gold Mine" of wood...great score !!!! For 5 bucks a pickup load , how could you go wrong !!!

Basso

the cool thing is some has been sittin for couple of years ready to split no one wants it because of the size they just grab the hickory sticks off the pile for there wood stoves etc. so with a little effort i should get a nice pile going in my spare time . whats even cooler is when they load the semis with hickory sawdust.it goes to the liquid smoke plant. lots of sawdust they even bundle up slabwood on pallets dont know where that goes i can buy those for 5.00 bundle also but there 42" long and can only fit 38" in my burner

Dam what a score, my tw5 and conveyor would be there in a heart beat. Wow go figure and all for 5 bucks, it is true some people really do find the roses......

Man, if I found a pile like that,my truck would wear a groove in the road between my house and that pile. Great find!

the local mill i get my hickory sticks from when i can ! this time of year it gets slim pickens still get enough for my bbq restraunt and little for home i talked to the boss man there he said go around to back of property check out the pile back there see if theres anything back there i want its where they put the butt ends off the logs they process!!! this is what i found :jawdrop: most are to heavy to load by hand without gettin hurt:cry: but he was cool enough i can bring my splitter over and bust them up on site and then load in my flatbed its 10 x 7 x 3 feet high head office says he cant give them away has to charge something so we aggreed on 5.00$ per truck load.

$5.00 per load:clap: I have a card he can hold for a week or 2 :censored: ya

WOW! ! The force is strong in you my friend! ! LOL!:clap: :clap:

Not only a huge pile of wood for next to nothing, but it's HICKORY besides, about the best firewood there is.....

Like someone else said, wear a grove in the road! ! Quickly, before anyone else realizes what you're doing, or worse, the front office figures out what that wood is really worth.......:chainsaw:

room yea i got room 18 acres at my house plus another 5 up the road can only split during biz hours m- f will have to get my boys when they have day off from school maybe during thanksgiving break.

Latest posts

Back