My first Husky, 372XPG pics man, PICS!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
mingo : Thanks, I feel better knowing that the color of my tank is as it should be

I meant no offense, but I haven't seen a good example of it. Is there a particular technique? Or just be sure to get good "penetration" and make a quality weld? You and w8ye have sold me on this solution. I'll get some trimmer line and practice before I attack the tank :msp_biggrin:

Thanks! Idk about what that Stihl guy said...

That would explain such crazy talk! :D
I was wondering where I'd get filler rod!! Awesome. Between you and Andyshine77 I'll definately be welding that tank

I took no offense whatsoever.:cheers:

Yes there is always a technique involved. Think of it exactly like welding metal, you're simply melting two pieces of material together, the more penetration and blending of material the better. The plastic in these transparent tanks wasn't the best and they were known to be a bit brittle, that's why they went back to the non transparent tanks in later production.

Stolen!!!

Well, I'll be ... I've been robbed.... guess I'm still in shock. Not a usual occurance for my remote location. Hope that narrows down the suspect list. Whadda ya do? cops are on there way...

MS460
372XPG
266XP

PROFANITY!!!!!!!!!!! At least I had enough parts taken off the 064 that they left that....

That is terrible. There are no words really. When they catch the poor bastard(s) I would have them buy you a new one for their "community service."

That is terrible. There are no words really. When they catch the poor bastard(s) I would have them buy you a new one for their "community service."

Thanks. I appreciate the support. I don't know... this is violating... Around here we are so isolated that it's taken for granted that your sh*t is safe. However, this is a small community and people generally cannot keep their mouths shut. I have 4 brothers who're meaner than I could ever be. If I have a hope in H*ll of finding the person responsible for this, it is through them. Right now though, I feel REAL F-ING MEAN. At least the cop who showed up was cool. I know him, and he was straight with me - I'll never see my saws again through legal channels. I don't like BS, so I felt better knowing they're gone than some crap about them turning up. Not to rain on anybody's parade, but FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
My pickup isn't worth as much as those saws..........

Thanks, it does suck. But after a little sleep :) (had to calm down enough to sleep at all), I feel even more positive that it's only a matter of time until word gets back to me. I think that my friends are more offended than I am, and this town is way too small to keep a dirty secret :hmm3grin2orange:

The damaged decomp valve. I think it may be part of the carnage that bent the handlebars.
What are the pros and cons of a 372? Any known design flaws? Is there anyway to tell when a husky was made? Are they a good choice for a mild port job? Anything a Husky newbie should know about em?

great find,,, I would pull that decomp and plug it or get a new one,, once they get stressed they are prone to breaking,,,

You really wont like the way your saw looks on the inside if it breaks at say 11K in the cut,,,,,,

Well, I'll be ... I've been robbed.... guess I'm still in shock. Not a usual occurance for my remote location. Hope that narrows down the suspect list. Whadda ya do? cops are on there way...

MS460
372XPG
266XP

PROFANITY!!!!!!!!!!! At least I had enough parts taken off the 064 that they left that....

wow I just read this.... that really sucks cancel my previous post unless you find them again,,,

Last edited:
Thanks, I'll let him know. I've pretty much accepted that they're gone, but who knows?

I'm in Benewah county

great find,,, I would pull that decomp and plug it or get a new one,, once they get stressed they are prone to breaking,,,

You really wont like the way your saw looks on the inside if it breaks at say 11K in the cut,,,,,,

wow I just read this.... that really sucks cancel my previous post unless you find them again,,,

The new decomp valve should be here today or tomorrow... Maybe I'll make a keychain out of it:msp_angry:

MS460
372XPG
266XP

Freeking rank!!! Steal a man's tools is right up there with the rankest stuff that can be done!

When you restock, stick you a back up two saw plan (cheap, whatever you can get) in like a rubbermaid, bury it someplace, hide it, whatever.

Great find on a nice husky. You will be glad to have one. However Husqvarna may not be around for much longer. I was talking to a stihl rep at a trade show and he mentioned the new stihl saws were selling like hotcakes. He assured me when I mentioned I was thinking of buying a husky that they would SOON be obsolete. He wasnt sure if Stihl was just running them out of the USA or if Husqvarna would give up selling saws altogether. Oh well, husky parts will be on Ebay for quiet a while. Makes me wonder which brand of saw to buy next? Good luck with the husky.

The Stihl rep is a "DREAM BOY"

Latest posts

Back