My first problem with my Woodsman 15X

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xander9727

The Silverback
Reaction score
After 2.5 years of commercial use, I had my first problem with my 15X. One of the "paddles" on the feed wheel broke off. I told my dealer and he shrugged his shoulders and said "Sorry it's out of warranty" and "that's gonna be expensive". I was planning on fixing it but was too busy. I went to TCI Expo and ran into Bob Englert at the Woodsman booth. I told him about the problem hoping he would sell me one for cost. He looked at me in a kinda odd way and said "that shouldn't have happened. Call me on Monday and I'll send you a new one". I called him the following week and I received one a few days later. He didn't even charge me the shipping. This machine has been out of warranty for 1.5 years. It really says a lot about the manufacturer to take care of a guy that has only purchased one machine from him. I'm very impressed with the quality, performance and durability of my machine. I have run several other machines lately and am convinced I'll stay with Woodsman. In my opinion they make the best chipper on the market.

On a side note.......it's really hard to install a 150# feed wheel into a chipper by yourself.

Call Chad Jones at complete equipment in Elmore, Michigan. He has a line on factory reconditioned chippers at really good prices. They are sandblasted, powdercoated, updated and put back together.

Woodsman 15x

Sucks that you had that problem Xander. What did that cost you? We have a 2006 15x that just broke 300 hours. We love it. We 2 believe that Woodsman is the best chipper out there. Best of luck. DFD34

Call Chad Jones at complete equipment in Elmore, Michigan. He has a line on factory reconditioned chippers at really good prices. They are sandblasted, powdercoated, updated and put back together.

Roger that. Chad is a great guy, can supply knives, anvils and spares for most chippers, and knows the Conehead machines inside out.

Latest posts

Back