My Husky dealer says no to the 576XP

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That being said, I totally agree that the 372/2171 is probably the best family of saws that Husky has ever made, and I'd grab one while they are still available. They are as proven and reliable as you can get.

+++ 372xp all the way.

I suspect the reason my dealer, and probably many others, don't like the 576 is because they still have 575's and 372's in inventory. I'm pretty sure they will pass them off as the greatest thing since sliced bread once they get rid of their old stuff. ;)

Not actually in Reno either, I'm in Cold Springs, which is about 25 miles North of Reno, right where Hwy 395 goes back into CA.

Hey, when you get your 372, do you think I can come up and make a couple of cuts with it just to see how it feels?

Sure no problem. If the weather or lack of it continues, I may go back out and cut some more firewood. The lack of snow is starting to get to me in a bad way. Tahoe Basin is at 3% of normal snow fall right now, not good. Anyway saw should be here before the end of the year. Maybe.

As for that dealer, he is a real people person. j/k There is a Dolmar dealer not to far from him, go look at a 7900, many people rave about that saw.

The 576 has a lot of changes from the 575, including carb, piston and cylinder, crank. There is no reason to stay away from it. All saws are set very lean from the factory, and a dealer that knows how they work will richen up the settings, without altering the limiter caps before it goes out.

Had a dealer tell me the only difference between the 575 and 576 is the clutch. I asked, are you sure??? He paused and said no I'm not sure.

The air charge system, or strato charged feature, has NOTHING to do with the fuel mix, which is still entirely the job of carb. Some dealers don't understand strato, so in their minds it's "voodoo" and they tell everybody to stay away from it. Either he needs to warm up to this new technology, or he has to get out of the saw business, because they will all be that way before long. Strato is just a clean air pulse to reduce the amount of unburned intake charge blowing out of the muffler as on traditional two strokes. The strato charging is done through transfer ports, so it cannot go out of adjustment.

The 576 has a lot of changes from the 575, including carb, piston and cylinder, crank. There is no reason to stay away from it. All saws are set very lean from the factory, and a dealer that knows how they work will richen up the settings, without altering the limiter caps before it goes out.

That being said, I totally agree that the 372/2171 is probably the best family of saws that Husky has ever made, and I'd grab one while they are still available. They are as proven and reliable as you can get.
+1 It's going to be a learning curve for both dealers and users. Good dealers will care enough to know the product they are selling, and tell the user how to take care of it.
CAD is a bad thing! we armchair users I have No Problem putting myself in that category, I only cut wood and clear trees for myself. Look at the new stuff and say, it's fatter heavier and not as powerful as my old saw,but Guy's and Gal's that make a living with a saw need a new one at least every Two years. I don't think the saw manufactures are going to build junk to sell to them, it will just be different.In a few years I am sure they will have a 4stroke that is as light as a two.
h*** I really don't know what I am trying to say but saw's will catch up to today's cars in the future. They will just lack Character but will be easy to use. Can you imagine if cars still had a manual choke (I like them personally) but if you gave the average Joe or Jane a car with a manual choke you think they can start it in -20 weather? lot's of people not going to work that day.

Sure no problem. If the weather or lack of it continues, I may go back out and cut some more firewood. The lack of snow is starting to get to me in a bad way. Tahoe Basin is at 3% of normal snow fall right now, not good. Anyway saw should be here before the end of the year. Maybe.

As for that dealer, he is a real people person. j/k There is a Dolmar dealer not to far from him, go look at a 7900, many people rave about that saw.
The only thing I like about snow is looking at pictures of it. Not to worry though, there's still plenty of cold up on the hill.

Let me know when your saw comes in.

Listen to Spike60! I can personally attest that he knows his stuff and if he recommends the 372xp or 2171 you can take that to the bank. Since meeting him and his partner I would not buy a saw anywhere else. (Hey Spike, got any 2171's left - you are talking me into one, lol) :givebeer:

Listen to Spike60! I can personally attest that he knows his stuff and if he recommends the 372xp or 2171 you can take that to the bank. Since meeting him and his partner I would not buy a saw anywhere else. (Hey Spike, got any 2171's left - you are talking me into one, lol) :givebeer:

All out of the Red ones at the moment, sold my last 3 this week. I haven't seen a new price list, but I suspect that one is coming soon. They will probably go up $40 to $50 like the comparable Huskys.

All out of the Red ones at the moment, sold my last 3 this week. I haven't seen a new price list, but I suspect that one is coming soon. They will probably go up $40 to $50 like the comparable Huskys.

Dang, any chance of ordering one before the increase? I prefer 28" 3/8 .050 if possible. Thanks Spike!

Back