My New MS361

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glock2240

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
Well I picked up my new MS361 Friday evening from my local dealer. First thing Saturday morning I starting bucking some logs I had for this winters firewood. The biggest logs were in the 24" range with the smallest 12". Three tanks of mix and I'll be damned, I'm finished with 5 cords of wood. My 029 would have taken three times as long to buck these logs. I can't see using it anymore unless the 361 is not around.

good deal.

now if the 029 was a 026 260 you might feel difrent about it

361 is a great saw and will out buck the 50cc saws by quite abit.

First thing Saturday morning I starting bucking some logs I had for this winters firewood. The biggest logs were in the 24" range with the smallest 12". Three tanks of mix and I'll be damned, I'm finished with 5 cords of wood.

How are you going to give that saw a workout the remaining 364 days now that you got this seasons wood cut in one day?

Congrats on the new saw -- I am envious!

Well I picked up my new MS361 Friday evening from my local dealer. First thing Saturday morning I starting bucking some logs I had for this winters firewood. The biggest logs were in the 24" range with the smallest 12". Three tanks of mix and I'll be damned, I'm finished with 5 cords of wood. My 029 would have taken three times as long to buck these logs. I can't see using it anymore unless the 361 is not around.

Congrats on the new MS 361. I had the same experience as you when I got mine. I couldn't believe how fast it cut compared to my 026. At least 2-3 times faster. It's just a joy to use.

Good Luck

Congrats on the saw! I want one also and it's next on the list when I wear out/get tired of my 290.

One thing though. You do mean face cords, right? Because 5 cords of wood would take up a space 8'x20' and be 4 foot high. That's a lot of wood to buck in one day, man! And I can't see that volume of wood being cut on 3 tanks of gas, either, so I figure you must mean face cords.

5 cords, and in only 3 tanks!!!

?? WHATS GOT ME STRUCK FUNNY!! is this is supposed to be a jonsered thread, and you are talking about stihl(ms361) .... and anyone in there right mind knows the differance between the two. never ,nor will i ever see a saw that will cut 5 cords of heavy wood in the 12" to 24" diameter and at 100 feet long be cut on only 3 tanks!! that is unless you have a 5 gal. gas tank straped to your back and a gallon of bar oil on the belt somewhere?? what do you take us for?? only you could be the one that is fooled by such a statement like that! as well as being fooled by your self...:dizzy::jawdrop: owning a stihl ?? never to many real saws in the jonsered line!

Last edited:
?? WHATS GOT ME STRUCK FUNNY!! is this is supposed to be a jonsered thread, and you are talking about stihl(ms361) .... and anyone in there right mind knows the differance between the two. never ,nor will i ever see a saw that will cut 5 cords of heavy wood in the 12" to 24" diameter and at 100 feet long be cut on only 3 tanks!! that is unless you have a 5 gal. gas tank straped to your back and a gallon of bar oil on the belt somewhere?? what do you take us for?? only you could be the one that is fooled by such a statement like that! as well as being fooled by your self...:dizzy::jawdrop:

Easy chucker. Didn't your mother ever tell you that if you don't have anything nice to say then don't don't say anything.

Glock congrats on your purchase. I hope you get many years of satisfying reliable service from the saw.

Mike

?? WHATS GOT ME STRUCK FUNNY!! is this is supposed to be a jonsered thread, and you are talking about stihl(ms361) .... and anyone in there right mind knows the differance between the two. never ,nor will i ever see a saw that will cut 5 cords of heavy wood in the 12" to 24" diameter and at 100 feet long be cut on only 3 tanks!! that is unless you have a 5 gal. gas tank straped to your back and a gallon of bar oil on the belt somewhere?? what do you take us for?? only you could be the one that is fooled by such a statement like that! as well as being fooled by your self...:dizzy::jawdrop: owning a stihl ?? never to many real saws in the jonsered line!

I sure hope I didn't instigate this tirade. I think he simply meant five "face" cords. And when the :censored: did the OP mention Jonsereds? :confused:

Hey Glock, good evening. Congrats on a great purchase, the 361! I hope you enjoy it, and if you decide not to use your other saw(s), send them my way! Seriously, use your PPE, saw safely, and enjoy the 361 and the wood you cut. Works out all the way around, fruits of your labor and all of that, at least for me. Take care, Max.
:cheers:

Hey Glock, good evening. Congrats on a great purchase, the 361! I hope you enjoy it, and if you decide not to use your other saw(s), send them my way! Seriously, use your PPE, saw safely, and enjoy the 361 and the wood you cut. Works out all the way around, fruits of your labor and all of that, at least for me. Take care, Max.
:cheers:

The 361 is magic - no need for PPE, as it will repair any damage that it couses, by itself! :greenchainsaw:

this is a jred thread? or forum? are you saying that because on the AS home page there is a jred logo under the chainsaw forum link?

nice saw! congrats!
yeah,you can't beat it when you get up around 60cc's.
there's no replacement for displacement.
you will still use the little saw for other things,so hang onto it.
enjoy that new 361.:cheers:

Congrats on a great work toy. I want a 361 bad. Have been trying to justify buying one but logic keeps getting in the way.

The 361 is magic - no need for PPE, as it will repair any damage that it couses, by itself! :greenchainsaw:

This guys must ahve been defective...

attachment.php

Hey Outdoorlivin, where did you get that picture? I have seen a bunch of hand traumas in the operating room, mostly from table saws and circular saws, but none from chainsaws. All the chainsaw traumas I've seen were in the legs and feet, and they were pretty nasty, none were as clean a cut as the one pictured. In any case, sharp things that move really fast require the operator to know what they're doing, and to pay attention!

Congrats on the MS 361! I bought one a couple months ago and haven't had a chance to run it though. I've been running my baby saw, an old 021.

Latest posts

Back