My new saw...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks - now if only I could get out of work early and go make some sawdust!! Can't wait to find something to break the MS362 in on! :msp_biggrin:

362's are nice saws regardless of what some will tell you on here. They have a wider power band than the MS361 they replaced. Enjoy it and don't listen to those that want to rain on your parade

Steve

yup, take that heavy, ill handling, sweet, smooth running, torquey and tough SOB out and cut some wood.

you'll not find it heavy or particularly unwieldy either. Years down the road when it is still running you can stop wondering if a slightly lighter and slightly better handling saw which has long ago broken down would have been a better choice.:msp_wink:

The keeper of all things statistical generally does not put down a new 362 purchase, btw. He has manners, at least.

Nice saw.

Congrats ! i'm in the same situation ! i have found a nice in good shape Jonsered 625 and i new a new oregon 24in powermatch plate! I'm waiting for my dogspikes on order.. then ! Go in the tree pile making firewood ! :msp_biggrin:

I'm going to get the 20" bar on her this weekend and put some tree dirt on the saw. Can't wait! And yes, I have the chaps and good footwear, and all the other necessary safety stuff that us 'homeowner' users always overlook.

thanks everyone!

Congrats on the new acquisition! You'll be enjoying that one for many years as long as you take care of it. Enjoy!

Mike,

One thing I did with my MS180 was to take the quick chain adjust stuff off and I like it a lot better that way. My local service shop got the parts for me for about $35 and I did the swap in 5 minutes.

I'm going to put them both to good use this weekend!:chainsaw:

Yea, I'm not fond of the quick adjust thing, I should swap it out and pick up a longer bar for the 362. Of course I keep thinking about a little 192T or 150T but I need to resist the dreaded CAD.

The MS-362 rocks!

Well, I definitely got both saws very dirty this weekend. Ran them almost nonstop for a day and a half cutting up fallen trees around the in-laws place. The 362 with 20" B/C was the best combination I have ever used on a saw. Time to give them (well, mostly me) a rest and then get started on some trees here at home.

On a side note I had picked up a Husky 235e for my wife but after it got hard to start and she wood dulled 2 chains she decided that my MS-180C was much more to her liking so I lost that saw to her!!! Now I must sell it and get another small saw for me since we won't need 2 14" saws now that she is cutting with me. She also said I MUST buy another midsize trimmer after running my FS-80R with the brush knife so I think I married the right one!

Back to the Stihl wish book for me! :msp_w00t:

Latest posts

Back