My new to me 070.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Banshee

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
My new to me Stihl 070AV.

One long drive and 540 dollars laters, I have a great 070! Thanks to cbfarmall for giving me the chance to own this saw.

When I first thought about getting it. I thought it's going to be all I can do to keep from making into an 090. But the more I look at it the more I hate to do anything to it, but cut wood.
It's in such great shape and seem very orginal. It has a new piston, seals, gaskets, carb kit, and air filters. Runs great. It needs nothing. I may touch up the paint.
I will have me an 090 someday and I may convert this one or not, but for now I'm going to in joy it as is, once I get a bar of course.

I don't have any pictures of my own yet, but here are some that cbfarmall sent me when we were discussing the sale still.

070_9.jpg

070_8.jpg

070_7.jpg

070_10.jpg

070_6.jpg

Last edited:
Nice looking saw! You said you may touch up the paint, what and where do you get paint for that? I could use some stihl grey or white, whatever it is.

cbfarmall told me I could get it at a Stihl dealer. He gave me a can of the white. The part number is 0000-000-2102. Caution I don't know if there are different version of the grey. I don't have a part number for the orange. Does someone have the number for the new Sthil orange?

Here is the ad on AS for anyone whose interested.

http://www.arboristsite.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2747&cat=6

cbfarmall told me I could get it at a Stihl dealer. He gave me a can of the white. The part number is 0000-000-2102. Caution I don't know if there are different version of the grey. I don't have a part number for the orange. Does someone have the number for the new Sthil orange?

Here is the ad on AS for anyone whose interested.

http://www.arboristsite.com/pp-classifieds/showproduct.php?product=2747&cat=6

I guess the one I need is white, 034. The gray is for the old old saws is that correct?

I guess the one I need is white, 034. The gray is for the old old saws is that correct?

I really don't know. Maybe someone will chim in who does. I need to know also, because I have plans to touch up the paint on my 066 and 044.

I know it's not broke in yet, but I tested the compression today at 150.
It sucks to have a new saw and not have a bar to run. There's only so much you can do with a barless saw.

good deal.

my cool big saw is short a bar to. its drivn me crazy.

Very nice saw. If it runs good why mess with it. How many cc's is the 070?

Very nice saw. If it runs good why mess with it. How many cc's is the 070?

107cc, but with a 090 jug and piston, clutch and bigger recoil cover it becomes an 090 making it 137cc. The biggest one man saw ever made.

Repainted saws are not cool anyway - so who cares....:givebeer:

Yeah i concur, painting it will take away its history. An old saw is like a vintage motorcycle, its patina makes it what it is and not just something that looks like a replica.
Nice looking saw in nice condition. I`m envious.:clap:

Huh, learn something new everyday. I thought the 090 was the biggest one man.

Nice old AV, don't see the bar side cover? You can put the 090 topend in it as long as you don't use over a 36 inch bar. You can go to Baileysonline and type in BS63 large mount still bars, you can get a carlton 30 inch bar for thirty bucks, however the drive link count differes from the 070 to the 084, 076 etc

Nice old AV, don't see the bar side cover? You can put the 090 topend in it as long as you don't use over a 36 inch bar. You can go to Baileysonline and type in BS63 large mount still bars, you can get a carlton 30 inch bar for thirty bucks, however the drive link count differes from the 070 to the 084, 076 etc

Get the clutch (not cheap) too and you can run whatever length bar you want.

Latest posts

Back