My new wood hauler.

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That truck wasn't overloaded. I bet it wasn't even sitting on both of the helper springs yet:rock:

Yeah, you're fine with that load on that truck. My F250 sits like that when loaded like yours with wet wood and it's just barely into the overloads. Now throw a full heaping bed of wet dirt and stone in that back of that bed and see how much she sags.... I'm assuming your running load range E tires?

Nice truck SUZ, I didn't no you were a Ford guy. I was expecting a little nice side boards like your old chevy had on it. Is that A one ton ?

Beefie

Well, I was a Chevy man before it became "Government Motors". Besides I'm a EAA member and Ford has a "Partner Recognition" program with EAA I got a darned good deal on a Ford. (I also got the deal on a Mazda that the wife drives and a JD lawnmower a bunch of years ago.)

No it's a F250 (3/4 ton)

That truck wasn't overloaded. I bet it wasn't even sitting on both of the helper springs yet:rock:

The truck will handle the weight true but what I was referring to was the sag. The rear bumper is probably 4 inches lower than is was to start with and the front is way nose high. Not a problem during the day but at night you will blind people that way plus the ride and handling will be off. I think most fords have several inches before they hit the overloads and so they sag expressively. Just need a way to shorten up distance to when it hits the overloads. Still a nice truck

Latest posts

Back