My ultimate 3 saw plan...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evanrude

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Here is my 3 saw plan, which, I'm sure you guys will appreciate!

abe.sized.jpg

abi.sized.jpg

Finally got the 660 paid off! I've had it on layaway for a grueling 7 weeks! Well, I made it. ITS MINE!!! MUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rockn:

Great minds think alike
I run a 16" on the 026
I will run a 20" on the 361 when she comes this week
I will run a 25" or 28" on the 066

Great minds think alike
I run a 16" on the 026
I will run a 20" on the 361 when she comes this week
I will run a 25" or 28" on the 066

Yup, exactly the combo I have except for I opted for a 36" instead of the 28" for an extra bar on the 660. I have some milling plans in my future.

The sub-361 saw should not have been a Stihl......:taped:

I have no regrets, I actually think I favor my 260 OVER the 361!! I know, it's hard to believe... But I dont put down the 260 to use the 361 until I NEED to.

EDIT: OH! I thought about the Dolmar 5100, although, dealer support is pretty much a joke around here. The dealers run their 'business' out of their garages, LITERALLY. They have no stock, no parts, NO ADVERTISING. You just have to know which house it is. Pretty crazy...

Last edited:
The sub-361 saw should not have been a Stihl......:taped:

Bar and chain interchangability, single parts source, proven track record, jobs created by manufacture in the USA, more servicing dealers than any other brand, ease of modification, so on and so forth...

The 260 is a fine choice.

I am on the same basic plan.

026 pro purchased in May 08 and then I have been using 044 when needed and an 066 for the mill.

In the past I was using the 044 for everything but my god that wore me out.

I have thought of buying another saw but what? I really don't need something smaller and the 026 has the power to cut most anything until the 044 is needed. Maybe something larger for the mill but that is it.

Chris

Last edited:
Here is my 3 saw plan, which, I'm sure you guys will appreciate!

abe.sized.jpg

abi.sized.jpg

Finally got the 660 paid off! I've had it on layaway for a grueling 7 weeks! Well, I made it. ITS MINE!!! MUUUAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA :rockn:

Nice saws.

I'm running the 036, MS660, and because I do a lot of tree jobs on the side, an MS200T. This happens to be my ultimate 3 saw plan. If I weren't up in a tree a lot, I'd have definitely opted for the 026 as my go to small wood saw.

I'm still in progress, but this site has changed me. I joined a year ago and had one saw. An old Stihl 021. Little thing, but didn't need anything bigger until last year. Then I found this site and knew right away I needed an MS361. I finally got the MS260 Pro last week I've been wanting. Those are my good ones. Then I've got...

Poulan Pro 210
Poulan Pro 220
Poulan 2150
Stihl MS290, just got 2 weeks ago. Actually picked two of them up locally off a guy up the road from me. He had a broken handled 290 with a good engine and good handled MS290 with a "Blown" engine. Handed him my 50.00 and was able to clean up the "Blown" 290, looked at the piston inside and was like, What's Blown about it?

Fired up on the 3rd pull and has 140 compression. So, I still got a good engine and misc. parts I'm bugging another member on here about. I figure I can get 2 saws and sell one for what money I put in for the parts. So I get a free MS290 out of the deal so to speak. A little elbow grease and some luck... we'll see.

Back