My wood hauler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Birdhunter1

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I cut my firewood on the farm, usually not too far from my shop. Sometimes I'll use my tractor and a trailer, my truck and a small trailer and my dad does about the same.
54bcf478c62ba7b36ff3ae9a4735c325.jpg

But this is my favorite, doesn't take a long time to load it and easy to unload. Usually not moving it more than a half mile. I've had this truck since it was new in '07 and won't get rid of it for nothing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

That one is my dads 1965 Allis Chalmers D15 Series II. It doesn't get firewood duty if it has to get dirty or a risk of a scratch. He has a D14 for that
Here is my tractor, no loader on it right now because I had it off to do some work on the fuel system and haven't put it back on. We use it for the splitter because it has two way hydraulics on it and skidding and because it has the best traction.
d5338c32ad88c630ce5c05bc6b998acd.jpg

I've never seen a D12 but I've seen a D10, it was tiny.
I've actually driven all of the D series except a 12 now that I think about it.

Now, if that would of been all maroon, a Montana plate, and "Stifler" lettered on the side.......I would say that I have spent a lot of time in that truck.

My buddy's cousin has a ranch in MT and the ranch truck is like yours with the spare tire on the front but as I described.

We shot so many prairie dogs out of it one afternoon that there was 3 inches of brass covering the whole floor.

Sorry for the derail, was just the first thing that popped in my head when I saw your truck. Lol

Now, if that would of been all maroon, a Montana plate, and "Stifler" lettered on the side.......I would say that I have spent a lot of time in that truck.

My buddy's cousin has a ranch in MT and the ranch truck is like yours with the spare tire on the front but as I described.

We shot so many prairie dogs out of it one afternoon that there was 3 inches of brass covering the whole floor.

Sorry for the derail, was just the first thing that popped in my head when I saw your truck. Lol

Yup we also use it to push dead cars around.

-chimpboy

6e2290ff4a7b49c0e3c94ab0404b41dc.jpg
. Brought this one out of the field today, all Locust, with three times that laying nearby and another load like that of Hickory split up down in the woods. All dad and I did today was split, let me rephrase that I manhandled chunks of wood and he operated a lever on the tractor.
049e6ed11968c89c1827298914c28964.jpg

And hauled a load out in my Ranger this morning. Didn't take a picture of that one it looked about like the first photo.

It is a nice one.
I'll have to post some pictures of the D14 and the D17. The D14 almost got put into action today but dad decided to hitch that trailer to his truck. The D17 hadn't been used in a while, might just have to get it out.

Love to see the pictures. Back in the day I wanted a d 21 for the farm here, but for some reason we never got one. Ended up with a green one.

The D21 is massive. I drove one for a short spurt just to get a feel for it, if anything it definitely looks powerful

Latest posts

Back