Narrowed to 4 saws (feedback please)

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Okay, I know I had four different saws listed on my original list but now you guys got me thinking I want the most power/weight. I am thinking a 357xp. I also like the 036 but it seems heavier. I didn't make it to the Stihl dealer but did visit with the Husky guy. I already have a husky and figure it might be best to keep the same big saws of like brands.
Thanks for the insights!!

Hey there, make sure you consider Husky's 2 year warranty opposed to Stihls 90 day. Not to mention the $hitty carb on that 026 you will have to replace for $80.00.There's a lot of "blind loyality at this site be carefull!

Here's <i>my</i> 2&cent;.

If you're considering the 036 vs. the 357 it's probably nothing more than which color you like better.&nbsp; I'd be surprised if the 357 in stock form would outcut the 036 (probably would go a hair the other way), and I'd be very surprised if you'd notice a difference in weight between the two.

I'd say that if you want to spend another couple hundred and get the saw tweaked then get the 357, otherwise get the 036.

What My2cents said about the carb pertains to the 026 only (and evidently only to some saws in the pipeline somewhere after the factory at this time), and the difference between the two warranties probably wouldn't be worth a nickel in practice.&nbsp;

I'd say the "blind loyalty" on this site leans far heavier toward Husky than anything.

Glen

Well, glad to see glens is back but there again his opinions are only his opinions, LOL. I don`t limit myself to any one brand and Husky and Stihl are readily accessable to me sooo...... the 357 is a better package than the 036. The 357 slightly outcuts the 036 in stock form,, revs out and limbs better, it weighs less, and it has better anti-vibe. It doesn`t cost anymore than the 036, maybe less, and it looks better after a couple of months use. Other than that the 036 is a better saw. Ha Ha Ha!

BTW Yellowdog, I have a few Stihls so I wouldn`t say that I`m blindly Husky loyal, I just think that Husky is closer to the cutting edge at this time. I`ve also seen a few quality issues with some expensive Stihls that turned me off. I would only buy a few select models.

Russ

Could someone from Texas do me a favour? Could you get a nice big watermelon and slice and dice it into serving size pieces and take a picture for posting here? Certainly a record could be set. I once quartered a frozen jelly filled donut into deli size pieces.
Thanks in advance,
John

Back