NE346xp muffler

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

micah5634

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I just orderd a new edition 346xp and the only way they come is with the cat muffler does anyone know the replacement non cat muffler part number i looked at baileys and came up with 544028301 but was not sure if it was for the old or new model of if it even matters??

I just orderd a new edition 346xp and the only way they come is with the cat muffler does anyone know the replacement non cat muffler part number i looked at baileys and came up with 544028301 but was not sure if it was for the old or new model of if it even matters??

thats weird, i just got mine and it did NOT have a cat muffler.

this was my sellers response to your question

No Converter Mufflers used on the USA Etech saws yet; only Europe, and over there they get a decal too. Everything else on the USA Etech is the same as the other parts of the world.

I suspect they will change that in 2009. We’ve heard of people over there yanking them off anyway. They order USA mufflers in the UK 10 at a time. We have a good deal of business in Japan, Finland, Australia, France and Germany. They love the Husqvarna, and with our dollar as weak as it’s been, they kept me busy.

I do not know the part number but if you call Tony at Amick's he will get one out to you I bought several from them they are good people to deal with.

His number is 1-336-672-1196

:cheers:

That is the correct part number for a non-cat muffler. So far, my experience has been that 07 production had the cats, but everything that I've received with 08 production has been non-cat out of the box. 2009?????

Here it is very simple, non-cat is standard, and you have to pay about 60 USD extra if you want an e-tech one with the cat........:jawdrop:

In Sweden it is even simpler, as they simply don't sell the non-cat ones there......:dizzy: :dizzy: :confused:

?

I talked to the Husky rep here a couple weeks ago and all the new ones here are supposed to be non-cat. He had two and the dealer had just received a new one as well, they were all non-cat. It may be a regional thing as he told me that altitude vapor lock was the reason why they stopped with the cat muffler, so it may just be in the higher elevation regions?

Cat

How do you tell a cat from a non-cat? And can you modify the cat to "un-cat" it??

Nikko

The cat mufflers have CAT stamped into the muffler on the top right by the part number. You can uncat them but you would have to uncrimp the muffler and pretty much gut it. It is doable though probably not cost effective, as aftermarket non-cat muffler is around $40.

No wonder

this was my sellers response to your question

I have seen 2 346xp e-tech saws with CAT stamped in the muffler at dealers around here so I am not sure what info that comment is based on. I do know that the rep I talked to said they changed in early 08 to non-cat mufflers for the 346? It's no wonder Husky numbers are suffering this year. If nobody knows what they are selling or buying, who knows anything?

Last edited:
I have seen 2 346xp e-tech saws with CAT stamped in the muffler at dealers around here so I am sure what info that comment is based on. I do know that the rep I talked to said they changed in early 08 to non-cat mufflers for the 346? It's no wonder Husky numbers are suffering this year. If nobody knows what they are selling or buying, who knows anything?

well i asked him. i didnt want a cat. i didnt get one. i asked after it was shipped. he and i are less than 70 feet above sealevel

Who knows?

well i asked him. i didnt want a cat. i didnt get one. i asked after it was shipped. he and i are less than 70 feet above sealevel

Yea, seemed there was a little confusion about this at the dealer where they had the demo day as well. Nobody but the rep really understood how, when, where and why the cat, non-cat thing worked. It seemed a little complicated to follow. Maybe the rep did'nt even know!

My dealer called his husky supplier today and they said all the new ones are etech so i guess that means they all have the cat muffler why can't husky say either yes it doe's or not they don't no one seems to know you just have to look at it to see but makes it kind of hard when you have to order the saw.

What?

My dealer called his husky supplier today and they said all the new ones are etech so i guess that means they all have the cat muffler why can't husky say either yes it doe's or not they don't no one seems to know you just have to look at it to see but makes it kind of hard when you have to order the saw.

I am not sure but that is the exact opposite of what the regional Husky rep told me. Like I said earlier, might help explain why they are having trouble selling saws.

Well dealer called me today to say that the ne346xp is on backorder till end of nov. So i will be going this weekend to try and find something else to play with in the mean time was thinking a dolamr 5100 found one 100 miles away for 419.00 or the redmax 621 for 425.00 which is only 75 miles away both seam to be getting good reviews.

I talked to the Husky rep here a couple weeks ago and all the new ones here are supposed to be non-cat. He had two and the dealer had just received a new one as well, they were all non-cat. It may be a regional thing as he told me that altitude vapor lock was the reason why they stopped with the cat muffler, so it may just be in the higher elevation regions?

Post 5.......;)

Latest posts

Back