Nebie with questions

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rack

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I just started a tree removal company and have some questions
1) Is there a good form to use for writing up estimates for tree removal/ pruning or waivers that are downloadable?
2) What is a good rope for natural crotch rigging and what is the best place to buy that stuff?
3) Can you use tip tie lift technique with a natural crotch for like 4" and under dia branches?

thanks for the help

yeah..... I have been doing tree removal for 3 years on and off on Saturdays but just haven't done much with the rigging side of things, I have watch just about every video on ISA website. If I run into a job thats out of my league I just tell them that but wanted to start rigging some of the easier jobs to get good at it. The reason i need the estimate forms is bc i was doing this 50 50 with a friend who did all the billing and i split off from him.

BUT I can already tell were this thread is gonna go lol
On a side note I use a areal lift that's a 34' height and dump trailers, bobcat with grapple hook ect. So yeah I have done this just not the business side of things. And yes i am insured and the business i formed is an LLC

Get a good insurance policy lol good luck Lol

How many groundies u got? Generally takes atleast 2 guys pulling to stand a limb up plus the guy running the rope pulling slack as the other guys pull just becarefull cause u might stand something up and she'll kick pretty hard coming off the cut just don't catch the butt.in the gut or teeth

I just started a tree removal company and have some questions
1) Is there a good form to use for writing up estimates for tree removal/ pruning or waivers that are downloadable?
2) What is a good rope for natural crotch rigging and what is the best place to buy that stuff?
3) Can you use tip tie lift technique with a natural crotch for like 4" and under dia branches?

thanks for the help

I don't know about any that are downloadable, but if you do a search through the site, I believe a couple of guys downloaded pics of their quote forms, you could then develop your own from their example. Another method would be to get a hold of a quote sheet from one of the big guys Bartlett/Davey etc.

Look at some of the site sponsors, they carry all the different ropes. If you want lots of friction, use 3 strand. Less friction, use one of the other styles.

When we've tried using the tip tie and lift with a natural crotch, we usually find that there is so much friction in the system, you can't lift the tip and that's often with a couple of guys hanging on to the rope.

I figured a 1 mil policy was acquitted...... im going from 4 guys on the ground to 1 and so the from the sounds of it only use false crotch rigging for tip tie lift....
My goal is to be as safe as possible and thats why i joined was to ask questions to the pros.

I don't know about any that are downloadable, but if you do a search through the site, I believe a couple of guys downloaded pics of their quote forms, you could then develop your own from their example. Another method would be to get a hold of a quote sheet from one of the big guys Bartlett/Davey etc.

Look at some of the site sponsors, they carry all the different ropes. If you want lots of friction, use 3 strand. Less friction, use one of the other styles.

When we've tried using the tip tie and lift with a natural crotch, we usually find that there is so much friction in the system, you can't lift the tip and that's often with a couple of guys hanging on to the rope.
Ok thanks ill just save up and buy one of those kits lowering kits

Even using a pulley, it is tough to lift the tip of a branch with any size. You need to set the pulley really high to get the proper angle. I've pretty much given up on it unless we have mechanical advantage (fiddle blocks, come along, GRCS) because I've never had it work properly. Of course, it could be a comment on my skill.

Even using a pulley, it is tough to lift the tip of a branch with any size. You need to set the pulley really high to get the proper angle. I've pretty much given up on it unless we have mechanical advantage (fiddle blocks, come along, GRCS) because I've never had it work properly. Of course, it could be a comment on my skill.
so if a limb is over a house or shed how do you get it down?

If you don't know the answers to the questions you ask, you don't need to be starting a treeco. You need to apprentice more. Not wanting to be an ass, just saying.

I have decided to become a brain surgeon. I figure to practice on myself. I have a cheap scalpel and a mirror. Anything else I need to know?

Latest posts

Back