Need a felling Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you look in the classifieds here there are right now 5 or 6 stihl 066's for sale. There are some good ones for under and around 600$.

That is the route I would go and that is the route I am going for my next saw whenever CAD hits again.

Lol i dont care what you think honestly i dont.

Clearly that is not true or this thread would not have run on for as long as it has. Just a friendly bit of advice, after a few years on this site: don't become "that guy." Keyboard fighting doesn't make the site a better or more useful place. You came here, presumably, because you perceived AS as being useful and informative. Try to leave it in as good a condition as when you found it, OK?

Listen, if Echo is your thing, go for it. They make a solid product, especially when you factor in that you already get that you have to un-EPA the Echo saws more than many other brands. Do they have the best power-to-weight ratio out there? Hell no, but that isn't always what matters most. Every Echo I have owned or used has been reliable, even in the face of neglect, and got the job done each and every time. It just took longer sometimes.

My 2c.

LOL! What a great thread :clap: BTW, I neg repped you if you didn't notice yet. What the hell is your problem? These guys try to help you and you treat them like crap. Those Echo saws are cheap for a reason, they're absolute junk. Get yourself a real saw, Husky, Stihl, Jonsered. About 70cc for felling. BTW, you're a prick.

if echo is junk. then why there is VERY few of them on ebay blown up for sale.. there is ALWAYS several hundred stihls and huskys on ebay for sale and they are blown up or needs work.. even here on AS most of the problems with saws are the stihls and huskys either blown up or not running right. like the other thread a guy JUST bought a new stihl and a month later the piston was scored.. what i am getting at is that 1 brand is not better then the other. it just depends on how they are setup. i have put hundreds of hours on echos and had not 1 day problem. no coils going out(husky) or pistons melting down.. i am not trying to add fuel to the fire here. but i have seen it on here all the time people bashing echo. seems those people are the ones always replacing boots,lines,pistons and all of that. I AM NOT BASHING ANY ONE but just making a point...........listen guys this bashing BS is getting old.. we are all on here for 1 reason to share ideas... we all cut wood for a reason...we all need to just freaking bury the hatchet and stop this petty BS.. we all have our own opinions.. personally i like echo and alway have. heck i even looking at the 2130 husky,,i think thats the number,,the big boy or even a ms660 mag.. i would like to have a 100+ cc saw..... PEOPLE,,LETS KNOCK THIS STUFF OFF. if you don't like anothers opinion then don't type anything and keep the bashing to yourself

I'm dead friggin' serious. Why not try an efco? I think that they might be a smidge better than an Echo in the same ballpark of price, and use.

Clearly that is not true or this thread would not have run on for as long as it has. Just a friendly bit of advice, after a few years on this site: don't become "that guy." Keyboard fighting doesn't make the site a better or more useful place. You came here, presumably, because you perceived AS as being useful and informative. Try to leave it in as good a condition as when you found it, OK?

Listen, if Echo is your thing, go for it. They make a solid product, especially when you factor in that you already get that you have to un-EPA the Echo saws more than many other brands. Do they have the best power-to-weight ratio out there? Hell no, but that isn't always what matters most. Every Echo I have owned or used has been reliable, even in the face of neglect, and got the job done each and every time. It just took longer sometimes.

My 2c.

:agree2::agree2::agree2::agree2::cheers:

Lol so that makes you a big dude? Just because you "fall timber"?

And im the small wimpy dude cause i dont fall timber for a living, correct?

How the hell should I know how strong you are. I tote around a saw all day and pull cables around, that shure dosent cause me to loose muscle does it?

Lol i dont care what you think honestly i dont. Can you tell me why a echo saw is junk? I just want a few reasons? Im not trying to start anything i just want to know why Echo is junk?

Underpowered. Heavy. Catalytic mufflers. Clamshell Engines. Super lean carbs with limiters.
5 year warranty....but - you have to void your warranty to get them to run well.

The old models were extremely reliable but the new stuff has a reputation for cooking itself with too lean EPA settings and hot cooker cat muffs that blow tons of extra heat back into the cylinder. They refuse to list power specs because they are so far underpowered compared to the competition.

I've used a couple older Echos and I liked them but the new stuff mostly looks like junk and not really a bargain at all. But hey, like has been said already there are probably some decent models in with the chaff.

Lol i dont care what you think honestly i dont. Can you tell me why a echo saw is junk? I just want a few reasons? Im not trying to start anything i just want to know why Echo is junk?

You want a 680? Get a 680. You'll be real happy with it, cut a bunch of wood, save a bunch of $ and take the lil lady out with the considerable change left over from not buying a stihl. Give us a report back in a few weeks and tell us how much ya like it. They won't believe you though. :)

You want a 680? Get a 680. You'll be real happy with it, cut a bunch of wood, save a bunch of $ and take the lil lady out with the considerable change left over from not buying a stihl. Give us a report back in a few weeks and tell us how much ya like it. They won't believe you though. :)

Or still call it junk haha. o8f150 found a killer deal on them. $540 with a 24" b/c combo.

Well, if he wants a crappy saw like that, I don't really understand why he posted on here in the first place......:givebeer:

He asked for advice, but got agressive when the advice didn't fit his wiew on things......:censored:

Last edited:
You looked into a Dolmar 6400 yet? Good saws in your price range with good power. The only thing I don't like about them is their dealer support is reputed to be shoddy at best. I have had no problem yet because there are four Dolmar dealers within thirty miles. You could also try looking for a Home Despot Makita 6401 and put the big bore kit in it.

if echo is junk. then why there is VERY few of them on ebay blown up for sale.. there is ALWAYS several hundred stihls and huskys on ebay for sale and they are blown up or needs work..

LMAO... :laugh:

Cuz for every Echo sold there are prolly 1,000's of Stihl's and Husqvarna's sold nationwide.

More out there...

Gary

LMAO... :laugh:

Cuz for every Echo sold there are prolly 1,000's of Stihl's and Husqvarna's sold nationwide.

More out there...

Gary

I have nothing against older Echos or new for that matter, but that is a good point. I don't ever want to have to try to find parts for an older one again.:dizzy:

Well, if he wants a crappy saw like that, I don't really understand why he posted on here in the first place......:givebeer:

He asked for advice, but got agressive when the advice didn't fit his wiew on things......:censored:

Umm no the first guy got pissy cause he thought i still wanted a Echo, all i was saying is how expensive a 372 was. Then after that everyone decided to come rag on me and i stuck up for myself. I did not get aggressive first! I even apologized to one guy.

This is the last post about the situation i will do my own research and choose wisely. This thread can be closed.

Umm no the first guy got pissy cause he thought i still wanted a Echo, all i was saying is how expensive a 372 was. Then after that everyone decided to come rag on me and i stuck up for myself. I did not get aggressive first! I even apologized to one guy.

This is the last post about the situation i will do my own research and choose wisely. This thread can be closed.

Well, your neg-reps are puny anyway, and does little damage to the reciever - try one of mine, when I get around to it.....:givebeer:

Latest posts

Back