Need a new chainsaw tonight-Best bet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Juan more time

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Well,I do building construction mostly,but I opened my big mouth and roped myself into doing a small landclearing thing tomorrow.I have to be crankin a chainsaw at 7am,I have a 20" Echo about 100 miles in the other direction that I am going,not an option for tomorrow.Got about 3 hours to get one tonite.Haven't given this one much thought.You pretty much know my choices on where to shop.:mad:

Any suggestions?

P.S.: not cutting much over 12" diam. looking for best bang for the buck under the circumstances,something I won't hesitate to use again,if possible.

Last Minute, no open pro shops,

Lowes: Husqvarna 359 if you can find one.

Home Depot: Makita 6401 or Echo 440 on closeout.

Without any time left, that's about what I would do.

Jason

Get a Wild Thing, it will run good for a half hour, go do something else for an hour, run the saw another half hour.

Since we're talking box stores, go to lowe's and get the biggest husky you can find. Echo would probably be your 2nd best bet. Just my $.02.

Why not go to Home Depot or Lowe's rental departments and rent a saw? That would be economical and prevent you being forced into buying a saw you don't really want or haven't thought about.

6400 52 dollars a day from Home Depot here.......then blow it up when your done.....and buy it cheap and buy a new 7900 top end and have a 7900 for low money

6400 52 dollars a day from Home Depot here.......then blow it up when your done.....and buy it cheap and buy a new 7900 top end and have a 7900 for low money

Hmm.... I like where your head's at!!

:cheers:

I was kidding about the blow it up part

Don't do that.........jusk ask when they replace the saws.....they do that on a regular basis and sell the old rentals

The Husky selection has been pretty poor at my local Lowes. 350 was only actual Husqvarna. The only other model is stock was an orange Poulan. I couldn't even find the Husqvarna special order catalog that the lawn & garden department used to have in their catalog rack. I agree with Space on the HD rental.

Back