Need a new chainsaw tonight-Best bet?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yup, it sucks. I have no problem with someone buying something with the intention of keeping it and then it legitimately breaks and they return it or they are simply not happy with it and return it. They should be able to retun the item. Thing is, it's impossible to tell who's being truthful and who is lying. After being in retail a while, you see so much crap, fraudulent returns, empty packages hidden behind boxes, whiny customers, items returned with parts missing, items returned with a rock in the box and the cashier didn't open the box and check, you start viewing all customers as suspect and they have to prove their integrity to you. I hate that feeling.

Are you saying that everything that is returned just goes back on the shelf?

I buy stuff at Home Depot a lot,I'm a building contractor.The main conveniece for me is they are open late,I can pick something up fairly late at night and bring it to a job early the next morning.If they were open 9 to 5,I probably wouldn't go,for many good reasons.

I have seen plywood,for sale,on the plywood pile with all the new sheets with 20 nail holes and bent corners that obviously had been installed and taken down then returned and put up for sale again.When I pointed that out to the guy working there he says "Well,we pretty much accept anything back for return".Fair enough,but does that mean you have the right to sell it as "new" to the next poor shlubb that waltzes into the place?

I could talk all day about that place.

Since part of this thread has discussed taking stuff back to the store after using it,I will say that if I had an ounce of disatisfaction with a purchase of a chainsaw at this place it would get dumped on the counter with no discussion other than me insisting on my money back.You think that girl at the counter would understand anything I told her anyway? You think the guy who works in the lawn equipment section knows anything?

I don't like to be negative,but you know,they started it.When you bring something home and find a rock in the box(as I have) that is just plain old incompetence and mismanagement.And they could stop it tomorrow if they got their heads out of their asses.

Latest posts

Back