Need Firewood

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Farmgirl, you have to learn to ignore a few things around here......
just some normal guys with their eye candy.......

There is so much good stuff you can learn here.

We went to a outside wood furnace last summer. Made the decision to escape from the propane dealer. Which we did finally :)
Just run the pex to the house, and then the piping to the hot water heater/exchanger, and then underneath our propane furnace with the heat exchanger and then it runs back to the wood furnace. Rinse, lather, repeat.
Well it cost us just under 10 grand but definitely one of the better decisions we have made. House is warm, and I can go barefoot all winter inside.
We did buy our wood for this heating season we just are ending. Best buy for us was the tri axle load of log length wood for $ 575 which was supposed to be about 18 face cords. Hubby did the cutting and splitting, and then the stacking.

You can private message me if you need more info.

program yourself to find firewood

For me, it helps to be in "search mode" when I'm driving around the countryside. It's almost subconscious now but I am constantly scanning the woods on the side of the road for dead downfallen and standing trees. As I pass the farm houses I scan for wood piles to see if the people are using wood. If not, I'll look at the plat book for the area and call the owner for cutting permission or just stop in and ask. I just got permission to cut dead wood on 78 acres of Oak, Ash and Ironwood less than a mile from my house and free for the asking.

what are you heating with

Do you have a add on wood furnace, wood stove, or a fire place insert. Or do you have a OWB or a inside wood boiler. The reason I ask is the more we know about your heating set-up the better the group can help you out. For instance you stated you have a room that is colder than the others. There is enough knowledge here to help figure out a solution.

The ? was asked if you have the equipment for obtaining wood that is not already cut up and split. I assume that you do , the people hear can better help knowing what you have or have not to work with.

I hope you enjoy this site there is a wealth of knowledge out there , make sure you use the "search " when you want to find something out. Lots of stuff have already been discussed before.

Welcome to the site

Beefie:cheers:

Farm Girl,

Welcome to AS! Good to have another Gal around to keep us heathens from making the place a Roadhouse! LOL!!

The place is a gold mine of info inbetween the jibes and rants.

Don't be afraid to just post a question now and then, if a search comes up dry of good info.

Odds are that if you're asking, someone who is too shy to post is also needing the info.;)

And don't let the photo's of those poor anorexic gals that can't afford warm clothes bug ya too much. The guys just ain't been around proper Ladies for too long or somethin'.:monkey:

Don't be too shy to holler any time.;)

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

Why is all the beautiful women ending up on my site? Where are the mountain men with muscles, long hair and beards? Need something for us women to look at!!!!!!

Okay ladies, you asked for it, so here's a pic of yours truly....and now that my face is on the internet it'll come back to haunt me when I least expect it!

attachment.php

Okay ladies, you asked for it, so here's a pic of yours truly....and now that my face is on the internet it'll come back to haunt me when I least expect it!

attachment.php

DOOD!

Ya Know you're gonna get abused for that right?

Just sayin'.:D

Stay safe!
Dingeryote

How did you gain access to my ca. 1989 photo album? Except I'm told I looked more like Val Kilmer when he played Jim Morrison in the Doors - less like Fabio in "Can't believe it's not butter" TV ads. :laugh:

I guess that everything old is new again. :)

Ok, I'll call BS on this - mostly as a face-saving measure to give you an honourable "out" should you choose to take it.

Last edited:
Trees

There was an educational show on TV several years ago about a type of tree that was fast growing. The tree was small and would produce firewood within five years. It was used in poorer countries over seas. They planted it like a farm crop for their heat in the winter. Does anybody have any information on this tree? Know of anyone using this tree. Thinking about getting some and planting them in fence rows.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back