Need help deciding which saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
poorly desighed saws

bwiesner
If you think you have something over a manufacturer of any chainsaws (Stihl,Husqvarna)about poorly manufactured saw. Your wrong!

Last edited:
NelsonFrye:

I gotta keep the Stihl guys here stirred up. I know they make a quality product, that is some of them. I just shake my head in wonderment every time a 009 or any in that series is mentioned. I saw mention of one that was built in 1981 somewhere. I was trying to remember when they started making them and couldn't. Man they ought to shoot that dinosaur. And don't say it is such a good saw they just have to keep it in the line. Compare it to the CS-3400 Echo and the 335XPT Husky. Someone ask me once what I had against the 009 and I told them it was a too saw. Too bulky, too heavy, and too slow. Stihl needs to do some R&D in that area of their saw line. Most of what they are making now has not change in the last ten or thirty years the new models they are making now are just saws they change the model no. on with just a few changes on them. What does FARQ stand for. Later Butch

Yep, it is mine and I am STIHL using it. Good service from a junk saw, but my caption at the bottom has something to do with it.:D I only keep it on the shelf if it sells, and it stihl sells. When it gathers dust, I will stop selling it.

Well I just bought my first Husqvarna saw,it's a 385XP I got it with a 32" bar I have'nt tried it out yet but I will be using it tomorrow on a new job I'm starting.It looks like a great saw.

How do you guy's like the 385XP?

What do you use for bar+chain combos on them?

Thanks for your opinions guy's

Ryan,

Yes I'am very happy with the choice that I made,I use the PP385 daily the only time it gets put down is when I do the limbing othere than that she keeps on spittin' chips..I'll have some action shots of her tomorrow..

Later Rob.

Back