Need help identifying a mercury 2 man

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cj Dean

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
I found a mercury 2 man saw laying in a yard in my neighbor, talked the guy down a fair bit and got it for 100 bucks, it's mostly complete, turns over and has good compression, can anyone help me find a guide

Attachments

• IMG_1146.JPG
    IMG_1146.JPG
    628.5 KB · Views: 62
Hi
It's a Mercury Disston,probably a KB6-A or KB6-AY
They were made for the army at the end of WW2.
You are missing a bunch of parts,if you decide not to restore it i would be interested in it for parts for mine.I need the bar chain and helper handle/oiler

Lol so did I get took on my hundred dollar investment? I'd hate to see it in pieces, as I said it's got good compression and whatnot

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi Cj
I think that you can get your investment back.I would pay that for the bar chain and handle.I would offer more but shipping will be as much.Then whatever you get for whats left of the motor is gravy for you.
Or i could trade you something for it if you are looking for anything.
Thomas

Hi
It's a Mercury Disston,probably a KB6-A or KB6-AY
They were made for the army at the end of WW2.
You are missing a bunch of parts,if you decide not to restore it i would be interested in it for parts for mine.I need the bar chain and helper handle/oiler
I just gave a bar and helper handle away for one of those was in nice condition as well. He might part with it.

I guess I'm going to part this one out as well if anyone wants parts let me know, won't be able to do anything for a few days tho due to work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back