Need help with a member pinesfarm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon guys, this is a serious matter.
I just recently got what I considered was a fair deal off ebay on my 660. then shortly after bsnelling has a thread about getting ripped off.
I felt lucky.

The best method would be to print out all the appropriate emails and let the small claims courts handle it. And mark it off so far as educational expenses.

I also think the OP should have posted much sooner, within a couple of days after the money was rec'd he should have had a tracking number. The buyer would have been well within the bounds of decency to just have posted something to the effect that he bought a saw and it hasn't shown up yet. This would at least give the rest of us a heads up to be wary of dealing with the seller.

I should have spent the $300 on more legit. things. Like a buck or two at a time going tward single mothers, medical students, or girls with gifts working for it. It's all about finding a cause you beleve in and supporting it:rock:.

Last edited:
What you do not want to say is

"I am going to report you for mail fraud unless you..."

DO NOT SAY THAT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

What you do want to say is

". Perhaps it would be easiest for both of us if you were to send me the saw, or a cashier's check by next MM DD YY. If MM DD YY passes and this is not resolved I will exercise every legal means to collect that which I am legally entitled to.
Please be careful to govern yourself accordingly."

Although Thall is giving you good advice, I personally would never attend in person as it opens you up to trouble and accusations.

Good point, it does. A hot temper sometimes ignores that but your right, its does open you up. Best thing to do is have the guy served and be done with it. Good call!!

I just read one of his posts on the firewood forum and he's yapping about people getting ripped off with the sale of firewood, maybe he ought to practice what he preaches.

I just read one of his posts on the firewood forum and he's yapping about people getting ripped off with the sale of firewood, maybe he ought to practice what he preaches.

Thats the part that shows he has gull. He's posting knowing he's screwed over another member that is a active poster too. That takes gull out the whazoo.

Something should be done!!! $300.00 is alot money I dont care how you look at it And I hope the moderators give you as much info they have to assist you... Good luck, It sucks to know this even happened...

Lynch mob mentality

I really don't like lynch mob mind set.Things done in the heat of the moment can cause many problems,I have learned from experience,and continue to make mistakes.
Now that I have finished preaching I will say this.
I don't see this happening in this situation one bit! Wi50,you have taken time to give this fella a fair shake for sure.I think you did the right thing in this situation calling it out to prevent further abuse to AS members.ModifiedMark summed it up pretty damned good with his post on the matter and others that have responded as well.For the offending member to be carrying on activities on this site when a situation of this magnitude is involved is,shameful and disrespectful to say the least.The old saying "You never miss something till it's gone" would apply here.As this sort of thing could ruin it for others that have had honest transactions on this site.
Wi50, I hope you can recover something from this sad deal!
Lawrence

What you do not want to say is

"I am going to report you for mail fraud unless you..."

DO NOT SAY THAT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES!!!

What you do want to say is

". Perhaps it would be easiest for both of us if you were to send me the saw, or a cashier's check by next MM DD YY. If MM DD YY passes and this is not resolved I will exercise every legal means to collect that which I am legally entitled to.
Please be careful to govern yourself accordingly."

Although Thall is giving you good advice, I personally would never attend in person as it opens you up to trouble and accusations.

And violence can erupt immediately, and even if you win, you lose.

If the guy is hell bent on not paying you back or sending you the saw, there aint much you can do. Small claims will yeild you ****. I got taken from a guy a few years ago for $4000, I gave him every chance to make it right, I talked to him many times to his face, I sued him in small claims, and won for $8500. To date I've seen $0 of that, after I sued in small claims, he took his family and moved, I found him, then he took his family and moved again, this time far away, I know where he is living again. But what am I going to do chase him all over the world? He now has that major stain on his name that he got sued an lost, and now owes $8500!! Now try to borrow some money? He's screwed himself over money. I hope he was real careful with my money he took, cause he's going to need it, worst thing is he's got kids. I wanted to beat the guys face in real bad!!!! Trust me I was about to, but where would that land me? What really got me was I phoned the police on him, said I got taken for $4k, they said so sorry, that's a civil matter, nothing we can do.

Yeah the cops aren't interested unless it's a burglary or some sort of victim crime, like a mugging, rape, assault, etc. Financial crimes have to be pretty big before a local D.A. will take action. I've got a couple loggers in this area that owe me a couple thousand on cutting jobs they never paid for but there's not much I can do with it.

Yeah the cops aren't interested unless it's a burglary or some sort of victim crime, like a mugging, rape, assault, etc. Financial crimes have to be pretty big before a local D.A. will take action. I've got a couple loggers in this area that owe me a couple thousand on cutting jobs they never paid for but there's not much I can do with it.

Yup its pretty ####ty. I don't know how they can differentiate? So I can go to a local electronics store and steal $4k worth of stuff, and get away scott free, I think not, but I fail to see the difference.

:angrysoapbox:

Mark, I could'nt have said it any better!!!!!!!!!!!!

There can't be a valid excuse after this amount of time. If you sent the jack, and don't get your saw, he gets the smack, and deserves it. With the limited amount of time on this forum I've got an impression that most folks would jump in front of a freight train for another member. I cannot abide by someone getting stiffed by another member! Hope this works out for ya, if it don't remember you got allot of friends backing you up!

:givebeer:
Well said on your part sprint. wi50 there are people here on AS that if you pm'd them with an address they may have a contact with local law enforcement on the ground who could drop by and do a "welfare check" on him. I'm just sayin...Let me know if I can help.

Maybe posting of the family's business name and phone number made him
decide to send it. Those pesky phone calls to daddy could get embarrassing.

That was pretty quick response , eh????

For me posting at 4:40 a.m.???

Let's see if he actually sends it.

the saw has been shipped

Why ? Because Fish has found your business, or your place of employment ? You need to go away.

Those pesky phone calls to daddy could get embarrassing.

Fish, if I were the OP, I'd call Pinesfarms anyhow, and start talking to some folks. Let them know what a snivvling little pr!ck they have either working for them, or living under their roof. I'm sure they don't have loads of 19 yr olds working for them of questionable character. Maybe it will save an honest business owner some grief down the road by realizing he employs a RAT, and he can send him packing before getting rooked.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back