Need help with a member pinesfarm

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
yes i did have a cl add about a month ago for that and i sold all the wood i had left that weekend so considering the 4 guys that came in with f350s with fullbeds that i helped stack as much wood on as i could wasnt nice of me?
the people that bought the wood were happy with it and some came back and got seconds and thirds for half the price i charged them the first time i wanted to make room so i could put up these portable horse stalls to stack my wood in ad put a roof on it and all the wood was in the way.

if thats the response im going to get to offer wood to locals and members of AS then im sorry for even suggesting it

Don't be so quick to drop your offer of giving free green wood to someone in need. Just because that isn't good enough for some members on this site does not mean it won't help someone who needs it. Also it isn't wrong to have an ad selling wood on Craigs list; its a good thing to earn some money at hard work.

i would like to clear some things up with my fathers business and what i have done.My dad has had nothing to do with the saws or any other hobbys of mine.
I would appreciate it if all of you guys out their would refrain from judging me from the town i live in yes it does have a heck of a drug problem or the buisness my family runs.

I have been wondering if their is a name to change my handle from pinesfarm to my name because i dont want things to be associated with the farm and have it brought up in conversation some time down the road with a customer or what have you.

this is not me trying to get away from my negative rep and the name ive set for my self on this forum nothing is going to change that but i think it would be wise for me to change to something other than my dads business name.

thank you from everyone who has negative repped me and positive repped me i have learned from this and now respect deadlines and realize i need to get things shipped out asap regardless.

I hope this request is denied. Shouldn't be a problem if you learned your lesson. Hats off to you for doing the right thing, (we all make mistakes) but all in all it should have never come to this!!! Lesson learned, move on, do the right respectable thing you'll gain respect back. Eventually!!

Reputation and the date a member joined can be an excellent tool to use during a transaction. . . Much like the fancy, meaningless, numbers you get on eBay. Neither are 100% fool-proof, but useful still.

If the kid dilly-dallies with this saw much longer, I'm sure he'll be virtually flogged by members here, if not permanently banned.

As you say, this has gotten "silly", and not worth the time it takes to type out the words. We all have our own perspective and opinions on this matter. . . If someone disagrees with another, fine. . . Perspectives' and opinions' aren't set in stone and can change by the minute.

If people are getting all butt-hurt over other folks doling out rep as they individually see fit. . . Tough cookies. As you say, rep is dumb -- so no need to have overtightened panties over it then right?

Looks like I missed the party the last 36 hours.... Stupid work.

I have to say, again, that Nate is on the right track here with rep. I bought some stuff from him a while back, and the money order took over 1 month to show up. I was just sick thinking that this deal was going wrong. Still not sure why that letter took so long. I'm pretty sure he checked up on me and decided that I was legit. I have bought, sold, traded, given, and been given many things through other members on here. This is the only time that something out of the ordinary happened so far. If I were dealing with someone with good rep (and good feedback from other members,) I'd be inclined to give them every break possible.

Striper, you need some friends{non-gay}
and some non gay rep!!!!!
Be my bff?????

I gotta say, Fish:

Alot of the time I don't understand you, but you always crack me up.

Sorry, can't give you any of that worthless rep right now. :dizzy:

Looks like I missed the party the last 36 hours.... Stupid work.

I have to say, again, that Nate is on the right track here with rep. I bought some stuff from him a while back, and the money order took over 1 month to show up. I was just sick thinking that this deal was going wrong. Still not sure why that letter took so long. I'm pretty sure he checked up on me and decided that I was legit. I have bought, sold, traded, given, and been given many things through other members on here. This is the only time that something out of the ordinary happened so far. If I were dealing with someone with good rep (and good feedback from other members,) I'd be inclined to give them every break possible.

Yeah, after we spoke on the phone shooting the #### for a couple hours, and you told me where you mailed it from, I knew without a doubt it was the mails fault. They loose luggage there, so why not mail!!?? Hahahaha

And to be quite honest, I wouldn't have cared if the MO ever got here after our talk. . . It would have been cool with me that the saw had a happy home. You were far more stressed over it than I, which shows your character. :)

I have a very optimistic personality when it comes to life and perceived bad situations.

I'm the crazy friend laughing his ass off while the car plummets over a cliff. :cheers:

i would like to clear some things up with my fathers business and what i have done.My dad has had nothing to do with the saws or any other hobbys of mine.
I would appreciate it if all of you guys out their would refrain from judging me from the town i live in yes it does have a heck of a drug problem or the buisness my family runs.

I have been wondering if their is a name to change my handle from pinesfarm to my name because i dont want things to be associated with the farm and have it brought up in conversation some time down the road with a customer or what have you.

this is not me trying to get away from my negative rep and the name ive set for my self on this forum nothing is going to change that but i think it would be wise for me to change to something other than my dads business name.

thank you from everyone who has negative repped me and positive repped me i have learned from this and now respect deadlines and realize i need to get things shipped out asap regardless.

You reflect on your father, not your name or "handle" changing it is just trying to hide. You should act appropriate in the first place, then you wouldn't have to worry about reflecting bad on your father.

So how come the package is still showing as not yet recieved at the post office.

If a USPS label is printed online it is not scanned when it is shipped. (unless you use the scantron sheet) It will not show a scan until it arrives at the destination PO. Here is a box I sent Monday 9405 5036 9930 0165 9675 51
You will see there were no scans until it got to the destination.

Bill

If a USPS label is printed online it is not scanned when it is shipped. (unless you use the scantron sheet) It will not show a scan until it arrives at the destination PO. Here is a box I sent Monday 9405 5036 9930 0165 9675 51
You will see there were no scans until it got to the destination.

Bill

Ok, good to know.

Thanks

Will

Ok, good to know.

Thanks

Will

Will,

On the flip side a guy can use the online labels to make it look like he shipped when he did not. I just printed two labels for boxes going out.

9405503699300170673775 will go out tonight

9405503699300170673751 may not go out until Monday as I still am finding him parts.

Even though they will not be sent at the same time both labels will show the same record in the post office until they are delivered. The USPS confirmation service is not real good but it is better than nothing at all.

Personally I do ship saws through the post office unless it is the last resort. I do send out a lot of Priority Mail boxes though as they work well for parts.

Bill

i have learned from this and now respect deadlines and realize i need to get things shipped out asap regardless.
That's not the lesson. The lesson is to do unto others as you would have done to you.
If the tables were turned, I suspect that you would have thrown a fit and been much less patient than the OP has.

No. The problem is in giving some positive rep before he's actually DONE what he should have done in the first place.

Talk is cheap, and so far, all anybody has seen from this kid is bad actions and empty talk.

I can't see how that's reason to give positive rep. Time enough for that when he actually DOES something right.

You shouldn't bash Bush, you know. Sounds like you two have a lot in common with your warm-and-fuzzy-non-thinking "compassion". (Which isn't really compassion at all.)

I was thinking more of WAIT AND SEE. Wait with an open mind, but wait.

When you said all you have seen was the guys empty words, you had made up your mind. You didn't know that he was still lying, you based your position on your cynicism.

Why do you feel the need to judge him at all? And what's the hurry in passing judgement NOW before the whole story is told?
And what was my judgement? that he isn't beyond redemption; guess what nobody is beyond redemption. The beauty of right and wrong is that neither compel you and you get to choose every time.

I never said it wasn't genuine. I'm sure Bush's is too.

Actually you did say it was not genuine; read your post you Mark you said and I quote that it "isn't real compassion at all"

It's clearly NOT thought out. Just like Bush's.

That kind of touchy-feely compassion does real HARM.
I don't know how well you know President Bush, but I am pretty sure you don't know me. You are letting your cynicism tell you that you know exactly what people are like. I feel that is more harmful than the positions I take, but to each his own and we can be men and agree to disagree.

Having said everything that I did, and despite your swipe at my character (compassion), I have known you to be a good guy on this forum and I really don't have a beef with you. I have not been here for very long but I have already gotten into a lot of swipes with people and I don't want to keep that up anymore. I'm sorry we disagree but I enjoy reading your posts and will keep you in high regard.

out of curiosity I looked up Daddy's spread - 20 acres, appraised at $1.8mil

some posts have mentioned drugs, it is a very open secret that the town has a real drug problem. lots of money and close to the not so nice city of Hartford

surprised he hasn't posted lately to say thanks for the rep or maybe he is saying thanks by PMs? yeah, that must be it the fine young man he must be

Maybe this is unrelated but-

Back in the old world, communists used to think that all the rich people were crooked. They used to call wealthy farmers "kulaks" (tight fisted crook). However, had the communists worked as hard as the farmers, they would be too tired to call anyone a Kulak

All of this just hurts my head...did the saw ever arrive? That is all I'm wondering, and don't want to read back through all the BS.

Naw,we're just waiting for a couple guys to finish filling this out,no saw yet.:)

attachment.php

I am not going to make any friends with this... but if the saw makes it to the OP, why then is the kid expected to refund money?

This isn't about coming out ahead... if it was, then what he did by not shipping the saw wasn't wrong...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back