Need help with the 12 saw plan

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The 268XPW was given to me by the man who we bought our house from. He built the house. We go to church with him, he is a good friend. Tonight at bible study we got to talking about saws, I know he got a 562xp recently, wanted to know if he'd had any issues like I'd had with mine. He ended up telling me the story of how he got the 268, new, and then used it for 30 years before giving it to me. Came originally with a 28" bar. Maybe the one it was wearing when I got it, knowing him.

Anyway, the point is I will not be getting rid of it, I will be rebuilding it real nice-like when I get the time. Sorry doods.

The 268XPW was given to me by the man who we bought our house from. He built the house. We go to church with him, he is a good friend. Tonight at bible study we got to talking about saws, I know he got a 562xp recently, wanted to know if he'd had any issues like I'd had with mine. He ended up telling me the story of how he got the 268, new, and then used it for 30 years before giving it to me. Came originally with a 28" bar. Maybe the one it was wearing when I got it, knowing him.

Anyway, the point is I will not be getting rid of it, I will be rebuilding it real nice-like when I get the time. Sorry doods.
No worries man. Rebuild that thing and use it for another 30 years.

I'm assuming there's some guys cutting some massive tress in this thread.

A 12 Saw and a 21 Saw plan????

We have (20) 4-man crews with only 3 different model saws. Each crew has (2) Echo lightweight 4010's for the ground and (2) Echo 251t's for climbing, and (2) Stihl 18 ft. Pruner Poles.

We have a few 590's that float around for the few groups that are doing removals with large diameter trunks.

It makes it simple. Easy to keep a stock of starter assemblies, filters, caps, carbs, and parts when you run 40 of the same climbing saws and 40 of the same ground saws.

I couldn't imagine 20 crews running 7+ different size saws. Keeping parts stocked and tools inventoried at the end of each day would be a headache.

We have (20) 4-man crews with only 3 different model saws. Each crew has (2) Echo lightweight 4010's for the ground and (2) Echo 251t's for climbing, and (2) Stihl 18 ft. Pruner Poles.

We have a few 590's that float around for the few groups that are doing removals with large diameter trunks.

It makes it simple. Easy to keep a stock of starter assemblies, filters, caps, carbs, and parts when you run 40 of the same climbing saws and 40 of the same ground saws.

I couldn't imagine 20 crews running 7+ different size saws. Keeping parts stocked and tools inventoried at the end of each day would be a headache.
A 75 saw plan is more optimal , more variety and all.

I like mine, I got the 12AH battery with mine, my SIL has twin 8AH's,,, his is lighter with the small battery.
This saw is KING for limbing, trimming,, no ear protection, no pullin' a rope,, just go,,
The only shock so far is that the "chain brake" is an electrical switch,, not a brake,,,
You think the battery is not seated or something when you trip the handle. The saw should have a flashing LED or something,,
so that you do not try fiddling with the battery, when you really need to reset the brake handle.

I did try it on a 12" oak about a month ago,, THAT really drained the battery in a HURRY!!
Maybe a half dozen cuts??
But, even though it would do it,, that is not its intent.
The battery will limb as long as I want to run it,, I seldom go below two bars of battery left.
Get a Greenworks 80v saw and try that oak again.

I remember, when I was stationed in the south, how high tongue-in-cheek/dry/sarcastic humor flew over everyone's heads. Nice to see nothing has changed.

Back