Need opinions on trade deal..

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Diesel Freak

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys, I've found a 064 locally for $725 obo. It has a new 25" b&c as well as clutch drum, sprocket, bearing, and dawgs. I feel the price is still a little high but have offered my Winchester model 88 for trade. I think both the rifle and saw hold relatively the same value. The owner also sent me a pic of the compression being around 160. So here is the deal, he is also asking for my 16 gauge bolt action. It's not worth much, maybe $125 but I feel like it's too lopsided. What are your opinions? I don't want my CAD to screw me on this.

Joseph

Well that really depends on the condition of the saw and the gun. There are many folks in here knowledgeable on both so if you share pics you will get some opinions. Just from your description I wouldn't throw in another gun unless you really want that saw.

20150210_095312.jpg B.jpg
Built in '67 chambered in .308. The steel is in great shape sacs for a couple scratches from a rail that was mounted on it. The stock is in good shape with some dings and light scratches (most scratches would probably buff out). Great shooter, I just don't care for the action and overall length. I like my lever guns short and stout like my Henry .45-70. I've had it posted on armslist several times and couldn't get anyone to look at it for $600.

Here is the posting for the 064..
http://holland.craigslist.org/grd/5558084488.html

The 88 would include 2 mags. 1 oem and 1 aftermarket.

Joseph

Attachments

• I.jpg
    I.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 36
Hey guys, I've found a 064 locally for $725 obo. It has a new 25" b&c as well as clutch drum, sprocket, bearing, and dawgs. I feel the price is still a little high but have offered my Winchester model 88 for trade. I think both the rifle and saw hold relatively the same value. The owner also sent me a pic of the compression being around 160. So here is the deal, he is also asking for my 16 gauge bolt action. It's not worth much, maybe $125 but I feel like it's too lopsided. What are your opinions? I don't want my CAD to screw me on this.

Joseph
me thinks,,hes trying to burn you...

Your rifle is worth way more then that saw.
I would pass but in the end do what makes you happy. Mabe take gun to gun shop to see what its woth and go from ther.

Your rifle is post 1964 with impressed checkering in the most common caliber (.308) but appears to be in very nice condition. It should easily bring $450-550 in my part of the country especially with the extra mag. Ones like that in .284 Win and .358 Win pre-64 cut cherkering would bring twice as much!!

Holy cow is that thing clean! Also, can someone explain "mag rot" as referred to in an earlier post please?

Joseph

Your rifle is post 1964 with impressed checkering in the most common caliber (.308) but appears to be in very nice condition. It should easily bring $450-550 in my part of the country especially with the extra mag. Ones like that in .284 Win and .358 Win pre-64 cut cherkering would bring twice as much!!

I'm realistic and it looks better in the pics. The wood has some dings and scratches. A guy that knew what he was doing could sweat out most if not all of the dings at the expense of the original finish. I'm up in the air on the while deal yet. Definitely won't be for more than just the rifle. I'm looking at it practically. I don't love the rifle nor do I get to shoot much. I love cutting wood and I can do that as much as I want. The downside is that an 064 or pretty much any saw 10, 20, 30 years from now will likely not gain any real value whereas the rifle will..

Joseph

Latest posts

Back