Need Some Help - 360 Pro gas leak

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

r1stgei

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I need some advice. I noticed when I hang my saw from the handle I have been getting some gas leaking down the bar.

I changed the tank vent and the gas line (gas line was old) and it appears the leak is still occurring. I took the carb off again and tried to push in the gas line more. I hear a vacuum suctions. I am pretty sure the configuration on the gas line is correct as there is a straight rubber section that Mates up with the plastic. Take a look and let me know what you think.

It’s not the vent , it seems to be coming from the gas line connection to the tank.

Thanks a bunch!IMG_4751.jpgIMG_4752.jpgIMG_4753.jpg

That should be a tight fitting line. Looks fully seated, but pull it into the tank with some long Hemostats.

If it’s OeM, it should be pretty tough.

If you used a screwdriver to press that line in, it’s easy to cut it.

The simple answer is gonna be to drain your saw before hanging. Not sure that they are designed to sit full of fuel and be hung like that for extended periods. In addition, if it’s warmer in the place you hang them than outside, the tank volume may be expanding and adding some pressure.

Might be leaking at the cap as well. I know the flip caps leak if they don't get a good seal.

Thanks for the feedback. It’s not the hose and not the camp. I have about 6 saws hanging like that. Not FULL of fuel but they have some fuel and they don’t leak. Could the fuel be coming up to the carb and leaking out of there? The only other thing I can think of is a leak coming from the tank . Had it on its side on the bench. No leaks on each side. I dunno. Stay tuned I guess

Back