Need Unbiased Opinion on Buying A Top Handled Saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The word 'great' and the word 'echo' never has belonged and never will belong in the same sentence

Echo saws can be well tuned by anyone that can pull limiter caps and operate a screwdriver. To guys that know chainsaws inside and out, this should not be an issue, and the idea that they are underpowered and weak is either rumor or a lack of knowledge.

Guess I'm pretty clueless then too....

Echo saws can be well tuned by anyone that can pull limiter caps and operate a screwdriver. To guys that know chainsaws inside and out, this should not be an issue, and the idea that they are underpowered and weak is either rumor or a lack of knowledge.

I had two of them still have one. Not necessarly weak, it is how you compare them. Not necessary underpowered either, they do the job at hand and do it quite well.

But they are not nearly as powerful, and have yet to see anybody who can make one, equal a 200T that is running well.

When you're up a tree dealing with large diameter branches, the typical echo TH saws are just downright bloody dangerous. Their pitiful 0.9 - 1.2KW power outputs combined with their soggy un-responsiveness to the trigger is an ****** joke. They're a junk saw when you need serious power and cutting speed and they're absolutely useless on anything over 2" - 3" in diameter. How anyone can describe them as anything other than crap saws is beyond me

also.................

anyone who can lift a small rock can place an Echo behind the wheel of a chipper or dump truck where it belongs.

Latest posts

Back