Nelson's tree service-what do they do with it all?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

powerstroke73L

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I live in Northwest New Jersey and do a lot of driving in Central Jersey. I see Nelson's tree service trucks everywhere but I usually don't have time to stop and ask them what they're doing with the wood and I know that a lot of what they do is utility line maintenance, so a lot is small stuff that goes in the chipper, but they must take whole trees and large limbs sometimes too right? If so, are they paying to dump it somewhere?

No idea about Nelson's, but I have a relative that used to bring me logs from his tree service.No more of that, since they chip everything up to 48" now.I guess it was more cost effective than handling the logs several times and storing them.

No idea about Nelson's, but I have a relative that used to bring me logs from his tree service.No more of that, since they chip everything up to 48" now.I guess it was more cost effective than handling the logs several times and storing them.

48"!? I'd love to see the machine that does that!

They chip the brush and cut the rest into rounds that stay on site.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Clearance guys did these lines early this fall. I have about a mile and half of their droppings to chose from. Lots of ash and maple. This is a great location, the back lot where I work!!

Last edited:
hey powerstroke , i live about a stones throw from you over in clinton twsp ,
just saw your post .
what about that tree place up the hill from muller toyota on 31

hey powerstroke , i live about a stones throw from you over in clinton twsp ,
just saw your post .
what about that tree place up the hill from muller toyota on 31

I don't get up that way much-I'm usually heading south-where is it? Is it in that little industrial complex on Buffalo Hollow Road? What's the name?

up the hill behind the hot dog guy by rudl fence on 31 north theres a pile of logs there ,prob. about 40' tall and 100' long
......lots of wood
maybe team up one day and go and ask . couldnt hurt

Hey guys, I'm a little south of you. Off of Rt 22. Near bridgewater.

Anyway, I usually have good luck with most any tree guys. Just ask as long as you can provide a place to dump their truck.

Another option that usually works well is my Municipal dump. The place the town takes the downed trees. They usually have no problem putting a load on my truck. Just need to ask.

Jer

MKarlson:

That is the kind of mess that Nelson left for me last year.....just before they lost their contract withe Duke Energy. About 10 years ago they came on my property and it took me 3 months and $ 700 worth of loader time to repair the ruts they left with their huge mower.....they decided to mow a steep hillside just after we got 2" of snow and rain. Last year they cleared another 25 feet of right of way on each side of the power lines and it has taken me a year and 34 burn piles to clean up the mess. They let all summer go by and never came to my property but cut on properties all around me.....then just as the weather turned crappy they dropped all the trees on my property and claimed it was too wet to get their chipper onto the property....then they lost their contract with Duke and pulled off the job. I think they just came and cut on my property in a big hurry so they could claim they had cleared more right of way and get paid before their contract expired.

I will never let Nelson Tree Service come back on my property again. I have written to the local representative for Duke Energy and informed then that I know they have the right to keep my right of way clear - but they do not have the right to destroy my pasture and make it unsafe for me or the cows. Next time they need to work on the right of way I fully expect them to clean up their mess......I will be too old and cranky to work this hard for them again.

Can you imagine turning your cows out into this mess?
attachment.php

attachment.php

Back