New 441 M-Tronic!

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

naturelover

Tree Freak
Reaction score
The 362 seemed the perfect saw for me, plenty of power, but not too heavy. Figured it would do anything I would ever need of it.

And was exceedingly pleased with it the three months and tank of gas I had run through it before someone snatched it. It put a smile on my face for sure.

But was lurking on here for a while, and kept hearing of all the good things about the 441c-m.

Well, here she is. :blob2:

e61cd71a.jpg

aba7b0f0.jpg

As said, was expecting this thing to be a beast, and it really is. I couldn't believe the difference between it and the 362!!!!

It is just absolutely SPECTACULAR! :msp_thumbsup:

And even a little scary, which I've never been with anything else I've run. :rock:

(I needed this saw like I needed a friggin' hole in my head, but I just had to have a bigger saw than that little twerp that stole mine....) :laugh:

Nice, wait 'til she breaks in a little, or better yet, open the muffler up a bit and then you'll really see some attitude. I just marveled yesterday at how aggressive mine is.

Congrats on the new saw, bye bye 362. i absolutely prefer the 441m-tronic to any saw that i've owned(361,044,440 or 460) besides the 660.

I'm at 13 tanks on mine, and it is acting different in a better way, its waking up more ............... more trigger, produces more power. I won't be cutting with it again until Monday or Tuesday, and will check the mileage then. Right now, mine has two personalities, gas hog or fuel mizer, and I think I know why, but have to checkout the possibles in a few days.

Others might have it beat on weight, by 1/2 pound or something, and it might take 10 more minutes to take apart, but Cadillacs do weigh a little more than Mustangs, and they are so much nicer to travel in, thats is the best analogy I have for the 441/CM its just a marvelous saw to run all day.

Good choice,

Sam

Nice saw. A little clunkier IMO than some others but the autotune is the way to go. You will love it.

Well, finally tackled a dead hemlock a relative has been wanting down for a while, so the 441 got its first felling under its belt, and really for its first true run. Have bucked a few logs with it, and some fallen stuff, but have been using the Shindy 500 for most of the firewood gathering.

Had to tie off the tree to a four-wheeler and shake part of the broken top out of it, which did clear it out for me to cut, but that left half the top still left on the same side as the lean, right toward an outbuilding of course. But got it pulled down without any problems, though it wasn't much fun having to drive a wedge on the leaner side underneath the top.

Wish I woulda had a video of three of us piled on the four-wheeler pulling it over though, that was quite entertaining indeed.

This 441 is a pleasure to run. I see how some here say they could cut with it all day, very smooth and powerful. Bucked up that tree and another fallen dead, and didn't hardly use any fuel. I wonder if I'll ever even get a tank of fuel through it..

Can't imagine how angry this thing will be though when it gets broke in. :rock:

Anyway, had a good day with the 441 M-tronic, gave it a little workout and got some woodchips and sawdust on her along with a little stump leveling thrown in for good measure, and most of all, got to experience again how awesome this saw really is.

Gotta say, am still very pleased and satisfied with my purchase!! :msp_thumbsup:

Good job on the 441CM! I love mine and I had a standard 441 prior to it. The are a great saw, contrary to what some AS resident "experts" have to say! I like my 362 also, especially after it was broken in and I opened the muffler up just a little. I had some saws stolen a few years ago from my garage and I know how you feel. I keep all my good saws in a room in my basement now. If you don't have a basement maybe your wife will let you keep them in the bedroom. Keep the scabbard on the bar so she won't cut herself if she trips on one!

Steve

o ####!

i know that mood you are in ..... (watch out everyone....) you want to run around and cut everything huh?.......
when i bought my first 044 mag..... i ran out in the yard and fired it up... i opened up that throttle and then I just screamed at the sky..... i wanted to cut down the ####### telephone poles like a maniac.... have fun with your new saw.... just dont cut your ####### legs off.....

044 ... Ha

im sorry booger has my 044 but he'll let ya know this FL man and his saws are for the wood

HAHA i got his 076 and its a B/A it was worth the swamp !!!!! HE DONT KNOW, he has a mini monster !!!!1

Last edited:
The ported MTronic (wrap model) is my most loved saw for sure they have so much going for them compared to the old school saws,its got a 28'' ES Light and semi chisel skip chain in Swompgum.

[video=youtube;gyR9ElSyem0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyR9ElSyem0[/video]

Good looking saw...you'll love it for sure!

Mine is starting to develop one issue that I'm not happy with at all though...it's gone from a fuel sipper, to one that drinks more than a sailor on leave. I'm serious...it makes a 460 look like it's easy on fuel!

Good looking saw...you'll love it for sure!

Mine is starting to develop one issue that I'm not happy with at all though...it's gone from a fuel sipper, to one that drinks more than a sailor on leave. I'm serious...it makes a 460 look like it's easy on fuel!

You should definitely check it thoroughly for air leaks. I know of one guy with a C-M that said the same thing and discovered a crack in the boot between the carb and the cylinder. The 'puter wouldn't let it lean seize by pouring on the gas.

Stihlman441, I haven't been out since just before Christmas - down hard with flu then playing catchup at my business (a printing company) as it is a busy period anyway. Hope to get out next week and break in that Sugi. I'll get my son to vid it with his iPhone.

ETA: I can tell you it is super strong, and smoothed out some after the no-bar-calibration. Had been a bit hair-trigger (but in a good way).

Last edited:
You should definitely check it thoroughly for air leaks. I know of one guy with a C-M that said the same thing and discovered a crack in the boot between the carb and the cylinder. The 'puter wouldn't let it lean seize by pouring on the gas.
I tore it apart this evening and couldn't find anything...it's going to be admitted to the hospital in the morning.

Sweet Machine..
I was heading down to order one last month and found a 460 on the way, strong saw too..
The 441 CM is on my list..
Congrats..

Latest posts

Back