new 575 xp tell me if you have one

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

whats up?
I bought a 575 last Feb. and have had nothing but problems!
Wont stay running at idle after cutting.
had a new carb put on it, several carb adjustments, and the last thing they did was put a new ignition module on it. I must have had it to the shop a dozen times already.This is my 3rd husky, a 257 and a 371 were my previous saws and never had a problem with them.this will probably be the last husky i will ever buy.

tree dude

whats up?
had a new carb put on it, several carb adjustments, and the last thing they did was put a new ignition module on it. I must have had it to the shop a dozen times already.This is my 3rd husky, a 257 and a 371 were my previous saws and never had a problem with them.this will probably be the last husky i will ever buy.

tree dude

Don't count Husky out yet!!! Every maker has had a lemon or twenty!!! And all the saws will be going this way in the next few years, so it's going to be a difficult time for all makers!

whats up?

tree dude

To add to what Andy said, +1.

If you liked the 371, you should be pleased with a 372. It might be a little harder to find but it's their current flagship.:jawdrop:

I ran the 441 and it runs pretty much like the 575, with a little less torque little more of a screamer but it was spoken for and it was 4 days away from a new one, the 575 was here by monday and I heard so much negative feedback I had to get one to see if it lived up. So far it is ok, if it gets better instead of living up to it's post I am good with it. Is it an 88 or an 066 not so far but it uses half the gas of the old saws+ -the co posisining

That last sentance in that post, the using less gas is 100% true. Many don't realize just how much cleaner running the Stihl 441 and Husky 575 is over their older counterparts, the 440 and 372. To enlighten those that don't know the 441 and 575 run approx. 40% cleaner. Thats huge in EPA's eyes. It also explains why they use way less fuel for the same amount of cutting compared to the older 440 and 372. If you were blocking up a pile of logs the 441 and 575 would cut more wood faster per tank than the older 440 and 372. While the 440 and 372 are on the ground being refueled the 441 and 575 are still going strong on the same tank of fuel while the other two are on the ground bone dry. Unless your Nascar theres no way to catch the other saws still sawing..

That last sentance in that post, the using less gas is 100% true. Many don't realize just how much cleaner running the Stihl 441 and Husky 575 is over their older counterparts, the 440 and 372. To enlighten those that don't know the 441 and 575 run approx. 40% cleaner. Thats huge in EPA's eyes. It also explains why they use way less fuel for the same amount of cutting compared to the older 440 and 372. If you were blocking up a pile of logs the 441 and 575 would cut more wood faster per tank than the older 440 and 372. While the 440 and 372 are on the ground being refueled the 441 and 575 are still going strong on the same tank of fuel while the other two are on the ground bone dry. Unless your Nascar theres no way to catch the other saws still sawing..

Yep, +1 Sooner or later all of the new saws across the board, regardless of manufacturer will go the way of the EPA's regs and fuel efficiency. Then the performance and efficiency of the NEW saws will be the baseline for all others to compare to and we'll be reading posts about the guy that got a deal on a good running 268,272xp,044,441,440 372xp, but complaining cause the d@mn thing drinks the mix! I think THALL hit the nail right square on the head, Technology isn't just for making more power, Moreover it's about cleaner emission standards. Like it or not it is what it is.

Last edited:
I would say after #2 they would start to see your plan, it is a smart plan though.:clap: :cheers:

u know...i got an idea (#'s are just for theory-dont' know an exact)

buy a 350 husky for $350, run it a week

trade it in +$150 and upgrade to a 365, run it a week

trade the 365 in +$250, and get a 390, run it a week and a half

trade in the 390 +$300 and get a 3120!!

you have successfully got way more saw than you will ever need, spent a good bit of money, BUT you have spread it out over the course of 4 different saws, so in that amount of time you have gotten a fair bit of run time and now you have the biggest saw husky makes!!!

that would work wouldn't it!!

Last edited:
No it would go like this: 350 one day, 359 one day 455 one day 346xp one day 357xp one day 365xp one day 385xp one day 390xp one day 395xp one day 3120 then I would trade for a second 372xp lol

No it would go like this: 350 one day, 359 one day 455 one day 346xp one day 357xp one day 365xp one day 385xp one day 390xp one day 395xp one day 3120 then I would trade for a second 372xp lol

thats an idea...once you get to the 3120 trade it in for 2x372's!!!!

the problem with your theory is, unless the dealer is your neighbor you are going to spend more time driving than cutting wood!!

Should

Took it back made a couple of carb adjustments and got three more tanks in it today which made a huge difference and now she is moving, like I said to begin with my 044 is like old faithful but having a 20" bar on both the 575 ripped it up. I am not biased but if the 575 lasts as long as the 44 and cuts like it is I will be real happy. Dont see A need to scrap it yet, but I havent dropped it yet either.

It danged well should. It has the displacement of an MS-460 and heavier yet than the 75+cc saw. If it wouldn't cut a ton more than the 440 than it'd be a huge pile of junk. Personally, I can't see getting a saw almost 2lbs heavier that is only .1hp different and it's more $$$. The 372 should NOT be replaced by the 575 by any means. BIG MISTAKE on Husky's part.

:cheers: eh?

well i like my 575...

u just need to know how to tune it

set L jet
set idle
pick up tacho
starting rich, set H jet just touching at 13000
put down tacho
turn H jet in (yes in) half a turn

trust me. it wont root the saw. unleash the beast!

well i like my 575...

u just need to know how to tune it

set L jet
set idle
pick up tacho
starting rich, set H jet just touching at 13000
put down tacho
turn H jet in (yes in) half a turn

trust me. it wont root the saw. unleash the beast!

Is that from the user manual - sounds a bit scary?

...and I understand that yours is a New Edition one.........;)

Last edited:
575xp, Tell me if you have one.

I have been reading the threads here for a while. Don't want this to turn into a bash husky session. Let me just say right now in our stable we have 359's an 044 an 036 pro and now a 575xp and a couple of echo top handles, I dont favor one company just great saw companies. I picked up a new 575xp on saturday and put right in the field on monday morning. The local shop who I trust has said the local guys had nothing but good things to say about them but I have to say it just seemed like something was holding it back. Dont get me wrong it ran great just not what I expected, I only got less than two tanks in it so I hope it gets better, if you have one or know something I dont let me know.

I have one, Had the saw 4 years now. I've cut alot of wood with it. Cutting trees for firewood, doing removals and lot clearing work.
Great saw....... but late last fall, just would'nt restart out in the woods. Later that day, a new dry plug and away we go once again. Life is good.
With all the talk here, I bought a 372XPW before the mail order ban.
The 575 was still working great till last Saturday. I'm up in my woods it cold and snowing. Start the 575 and it dies. Start, stop, tries to run but foods. Later with a new dry plug wont run any longer. I dry the old plug and reinstall it. No firing now, not a good sign.
I'm sure glad for the advice here.......... Buy a 372 before it's to late. Thank you all!

Latest posts

Back