New brand of bar....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

watsonr

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
Have a chance at having a new bar introduced to the market.. and with a brand mark that I choose. This is what I believe to be the first look.. Bar looks very good, feels of solid manufacture and appears to be done well. And if they are good, will be sold only by myself and one other as it's a joint venture. Now to figure out what to call it... I know what to call it if it's :poop:

Mount is Stihl

And in 3/8 .050

I have two of these, wished they were in .325 so I could try that new chain with them, but not this time. I'll be running the saw in the next couple days. Any recommendations on a name?

Well, it's the right color for a FORESTER labeled bar. How's the pricing fit into the marketplace? Maybe label it WOODSTER?

View attachment 299537
attachment.php

?

Well, it's the right color for a FORESTER labeled bar. How's the pricing fit into the marketplace? Maybe label it WOODSTER?

Its grey, the same color I paint bars and I'm sure lots of people do... This bar has 6 rivets on the tip, Foresters have 4 and a grease port, this one does not. Some of the Foresters have 5 rivets, not seen one with 6.

Last edited:
Send one up the road to me and I'll bury her in wood and let you know what I'd call it. :popcorn:

This is NOT a blade (great for flipping saws on CL...)

brand

;)

hmmm

more brands

Mad Beaver

Beats ProPain

Feller Pro

Bucker Pro

TreeBoss Magnum

Bar None

Clear Cut King or Klear Kut King

Tree Tamer

Rampage

Woodlot Pro

Sabertooth

Tree Boss is pretty cool.... anything with the Weedeaterman theme come to mind?

Just the obvious, TreeEater or WoodEater, Weedeaterman is already pretty "busy" being three words, that could be put separate down near the tail with the numbers..

Actually, I liked Sabertooth a little more than Tree Boss, but, both are acceptable, "boss" already has chainsaw connotations

I mean sabertooth just has to be better than plain ole tiger...

They could be different as per mounts, Tree Boss for stihl mount, then maybe something like Pack Leader for huskies? or Big Dog you would have to make a descision as to large and small mount there, small mount the plain name, large mount tack on Pro?

more generic

Timber Cruiser

Firewood Pro

Mauler

Timber Jock

GF just said try Better Bar

Razorback

WoodGator

"Slightly Better Than A Forester"

In all honesty, I would just like a plain, steel bar... With a finish like the Carlton Sprocket Tip bars... I really like that look. Get that gray paint off there and just put a clear sealer on the bar... I would buy some.

TFB

take some paint stripper to it and post some pics. It would be good to see the depth of heat treat on the rails, or just to make sure they are hardened.

Back