New, But Experienced

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beaverb01

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I'm a wrench from way back, but not on modding saws. What can I do to my larger saws to give them better performance without making them "race" saws and where can I get the parts to accomplish this?

Thanks, Beaver :chainsawguy:

It's a deep subject, where you need to ask yourself what you are after, before getting too much advice. Do a search and tons of help is already out there. Read up and you will get some very helpful information.

Do a search using modifying or modifications as the search term and you will get lots of food for thought on things to do to your saws. Usually you do not need much in the way of parts. Really i think what would be most important for a first time saw modification is a list of "Things not to do"!:chainsaw:

Do a search using modifying or modifications as the search term and you will get lots of food for thought on things to do to your saws. Usually you do not need much in the way of parts. Really i think what would be most important for a first time saw modification is a list of "Things not to do"!:chainsaw:

+1

High performance parts for saws ar not common, unless you are buying one off, custom made parts. Then you have to tell them what you want.
That is one of the great things about modifying saws. It is all up to you and what you can do to it. Either you do it yourself or send it to some one to have it done.

Back