New Climbing Saw from Tree Sling'r

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

canopyboy

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
object>

Ok, my first video. You quickly realize video sometimes shows things you don't necessarily want everyone to see, but oh well. At least it's more interesting than someone cutting cookies.

Yes, I could have used the MS200T and cut from both sides. The 460 would have made it from one side, but was back home. Besides, what's the fun of having Jasha port a new 660R if you can't take it up the tree once in awhile?

You can't get a 660R out here on the east coast to save your life. So I grabbed one back home in OR when I visited the folks back during the kids' spring break. $100 cheaper than the regular 660 out here, plus no sales tax. More than would have covered the shipping, except I wanted to send it to Jasha anyhow. So I sent it across the border (turns out he was an hour or two away) and then he sent it out to VA. Still getting broken in. In the video it's wearing a 28" bar and pulling full comp. Not sure I'm ready for the longer bar up there just yet.

:cheers:

I couldn't quite make out what was said at the :49" mark, ;).

It looked like it was a little more work to move the saw around than say a......440, lol.

Nice job. The second drop was especially pretty coming over nice and flat.

you tree guys are amezeing. the 660 is more then i can handle on the ground. thanks for shareing that video

Great Video Dave...It looks like fun and that saw is cutting smooth. I haven't posted any of the pictures from our visit a couple of weeks ago because they are on the computer at home and I've been out at the cabin for the past two weeks getting some work done. I'll post when I get back...

Great Video Dave...It looks like fun and that saw is cutting smooth. I haven't posted any of the pictures from our visit a couple of weeks ago because they are on the computer at home and I've been out at the cabin for the past two weeks getting some work done. I'll post when I get back...

Yeah, the ported 660 and the 'ol 090. That was fun. Email me any of the good pictures full size if you wouldn't mind.

Just think, back in the day for pro timber cutters a 25lb. 100cc McCulloch was the climb saw.

Just think, back in the day for pro timber cutters a 25lb. 100cc McCulloch was the climb saw.

Yeah, well....glad I'm in the present then. That saw felt fine up in the tree, but I'll admit the guys on the ground pulled it up to me and I didn't have to use it up there all day. Really, I was just doing it for fun. Swinging around one of those old big saws would have just about done me in I'm thinking. I've seen pics of guys with an 090 up in the air. Uhg.

Nice vid. That 660 sounds sweet! Sure ate through that wood with ease.

I used an 084 once up in a huge old poplar, one topping cut, that was a trip. It sure didn't cut like your 660 either. We were down on saws that day, I think my choices were 020, 028, 034 or the big ole 084. I was sooo paranoid about my lanyards the whole time and glad to get down to the felling cut with......you guessed it the 84. BTW, would've gladly used a 70-80cc saw if I had access to one.

That's an awesome 660, would love to rip into some wood with that.:chainsaw:

Back