New Dolmar 60cc strato saw, PS 6100

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strato or non Strato the EPA Tag is their rating of how long they want the engine to Run Clean to EPA Standards some engines have 75 some 125 some 200 some 300 etc.

Scott

My understanding is the hour number is more like the time it can run before some pollution quota is reached. In my limited experience it effects fumes breathed and goo around the exhaust. Probably there is something similar to a fleet average in this business. The manuals I have/have read have a general section with 75,125,and 300 actually in print.

Not really decent when you consider the weigh. :msp_wink:

I don't know why they made that model...:confused:

Was it a marketing idea that went afoul???

Not that they're bad, just sort of no home for them. Who would have been the targeted consumer group?

Couldn't find my carb adjusting screwdriver-I think pele has it in his tackle box up in Canada!

We'll put em both to the test at Denny's in a couple weekends!

Amazingly easy to start-even without decomp!

Is this screwdriver the female torx style one to adjust the new splined adjustment screws on the 9010 for example? I ask because my local Dolmar dealer indicated that he was forbidden from Dolmar and the EPA from providing the adjustment screwdriver(s) and could in fact be fined a lot for doing so. Any alteration of the carb from the factory baseline, from a dealer or end-user perspective was illegal, not that it would necessarily stop me or anyone else. :taped::angry::confused:

I don't know why they made that model...:confused:

Was it a marketing idea that went afoul???

Not that they're bad, just sort of no home for them. Who would have been the targeted consumer group?

As I understood it was supposed to be the Husqvarna homeowner version of a MS650 Stihl...

Is this screwdriver the female torx style one to adjust the new splined adjustment screws on the 9010 for example? I ask because my local Dolmar dealer indicated that he was forbidden from Dolmar and the EPA from providing the adjustment screwdriver(s) and could in fact be fined a lot for doing so. Any alteration of the carb from the factory baseline, from a dealer or end-user perspective was illegal, not that it would necessarily stop me or anyone else. :taped::angry::confused:

It is more like a D shaped female torx style. Dolmar has part numbers for 2 different screwdrivers one for the Zama and one for the Walbro carbs. We are forbidden to sell them over the counter-and were told that a red flag would fly if we tried to order bunches of them..........

It is more like a D shaped female torx style. Dolmar has part numbers for 2 different screwdrivers one for the Zama and one for the Walbro carbs. We are forbidden to sell them over the counter-and were told that a red flag would fly if we tried to order bunches of them..........

Gotcha. So when I buy it from Craftsman or Snap-on,.... Everyone wins?

I believe the 570 replaced the 365 in the US when it came out. That did not last very long. The 575 replaced the 372 in the US at the same time.

I was thinking similar, that nails it I guess. I would imagine it cuts just fine if it is a stratocharged 365, just numbered differently, if that is the only significant difference.

Just gimme 5 minutes with a caliper on one. We'll have options.

Might be an easier project for Mike on the mill though.

I don't about that-Just that I can't retail them without worrying about big brother looking over my shoulder!:censored:

All because we live in a recently effed up tyranny state instead of the free country we were born into with the God given freedoms we were born with.:angry:

Mr. HE:cool:

Latest posts

Back