New echo 600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I use to work for a Dolmar Dist. We teased dealers for a year or two before the introduction of the 7900 models were introduced. I guess I still retain some of that!:)

Nice statement by someone who has not even held one or run one!

I have run the 600 new and run it against a 357 and a 359. Granted they had diffrent chains The Echo was a 20" chisel and the huskies are running 18" carlton one with 325 the other 3/8. the echo has 3/8 on it. Brand new more than a match for the huskies. The weight is not really noticeable at all it is however more bulky of a saw more like a 70cc frame than a 60cc frame but impressive running saw and very smooth in the cut. It kinda reminds me of an old Sachs 119. Smooth with good torque. Besides with the 361 gone it should be the same weight if not lighter than the 362!

video comming soon! Comming much sooner detailed :)pics!

friendly 'where's our video' reminder, mr. javelin. ;)

Pics will be first just as soon as I get it back from a heavy woodcutter down here. I let him take it for a day to tell me what he thought of it and that was over a week ago and I have not got it back yet!

Thanks Brent!

No problem.

18" bar on that thing or what? 3/8 or .325 chain?

I need to get my saws out. This weather has me down! I did grab the old 111 yesterday after I got home from work. It looked lonely. Thought I'd see if she'd fire up. :angry2: Yup sure did!:hmm3grin2orange:

hey guys,

you need to start a new thread and get these photos posted 'no clicky' style.
i think people need to see what is going on at echo!!!
make sure you include a video.:chainsaw:

this saw is (in the pictures) a huge leap forward! inboard clutch! concealed brake mech! split case!

in the mean time, share some more infor with me.
tell me about he muffler, is the clutch cover metal? does it oil only when the chain turns?

hey guys,

you need to start a new thread and get these photos posted 'no clicky' style.
i think people need to see what is going on at echo!!!
make sure you include a video.:chainsaw:

this saw is (in the pictures) a huge leap forward! inboard clutch! concealed brake mech! split case!

in the mean time, share some more infor with me.
tell me about he muffler, is the clutch cover metal? does it oil only when the chain turns?

Can you wait until this weekend??????????? :dizzy:

clutch cover is plastic. There is no dirt past the air filter and the saw has not been cleaned since I got it back.

It does oil when the chain rotates. I have not pulled the muffler but plan on doing so! I may also pull the jug just to look it over but it is not my saw either. However If I can sell my ported Redmax 621 I may buy this one and port it for my own use! It sure has real potential if it takes to porting like I think it will. It sure does good stock!!

Back