New echo 600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The dust doesn't look like its getting past the air filter; non inside the spigot over the carb. Just behind the filter.

Is that a resin handle bar? Probably fiber-reinforced? What's the opinion on that?

There are a couple Echo shops near me, but they make most of their sales in trimmers and blowers, etc. These guys will order anything, of course, but you'll pay list plus shipping if you don't want to wait. I wouldn't expect to see these in the box stores. Too bad; looks like a super product, at least as good as Husky 359/Jons 2159, but retail price on those hovers around 5 Benjamins, and I'd expect the ECho would be around 600 until someone starts stocking them.

I should have taken a better pic of the air filter it is a full canister type? for better description. It is not a flat single piece unit. I can tell you it is a cutter and has beaten a 359 already and it was new. 20" $550 is were they are suggesting it!

I am not sure about the handle but apparently it is plenty tough because the crew that had the thing was using it daily in below zero weather and it never failed them! Like I said I was not sure I was going to get the thing back!

I see they have the Vortex Interstellar Z.A.P. TM blue coil for massive P.O.W. cyclone TM Boost SuperSonic power. (TM)....

I'll take your word on the air filter, but the front handle and choke pull lever looked like they came straight off of a Menards Mac or a Wild thing.

Not quite what I expect to see on a Echo.

Time will tell on it though.

Not sure I have not pulled the cylinder on this one but I probably will just to look at her! The case is diffrent for sure.

I am going to team up with Iowa and do some video of it sawing and running it against a 357 359 and my EHP 621 Redmax. All the stihl guys around here have just dissapeared:monkey: Actually I am going to try to get my hands on a 362 just for kicks and run them side by side.

I think ECHO has finally entered the playing field with the new cs 600P, this is a new design, will give stihl and huskey a run for a market share.maybe not as fast,but like ENERGIZER BUNNY IT KEEPS ON TICKING

Would the p/c from a cs 680 fit on a cs 600p ???????

Unlikely, the CS-6700, CS-670 etc are a different chassis. The porting for that series is closed transfer, but they are not really high rpm saws. I've owned two CS-670's and have one fresh CS-6700 here, and they woln't hold a candle to a Husqvarna 268XP.

The cut well, and have plenty of "grunt" with a broad smooth power curve, but do not enjoy or cut at really high rpms under load like the 268XP.

The porting in them is quite unique, and I was afraid to mess with them when I've had the P/C's off.

It is good to see them upgrade to clutch driven oilers and inboard clutches, and even better that they are changed the color!.....Cliff

I think ECHO has finally entered the playing field with the new cs 600P, this is a new design, will give stihl and huskey a run for a market share.maybe not as fast,but like ENERGIZER BUNNY IT KEEPS ON TICKING

Sigh.. I must be bored... ah well, a bit of echo bashing always goes down well...

All this vortex crap is just the usual echo marketing B.S. Echo has been shoveling all this type of fancy worded garbage onto their unsuspecting buyers for years. Notice you'll get all the details of all these fantastic features rammed into your faces, but they haven't the balls to even disclose horsepower figures. HA!

Guarantee anyone here, out in the forests, these latest and greatest echos will still be f**n hopeless next to the same cc pro-huskys and stihls. Echos have NEVER had the chainspeed or real-world grunt to compete. Reality check - for performance, pro-stihls and huskys blow echos into the weeds, always have and likely always will...

PS. I don't wanna hear anything about how the poor echos need muffler mods, re-jetting etc.. etc.. All saws are on the same level playing field, what's good for one is good for all...

I don't think you are bored, but what I really think you need I can't say in public forum.....LOL.

Anyhow, it would help to tell us about all of your direct experiences with Echo saws, as accurate information is alway easier to evaluate than opinion.

Echo has a place in the market, and their newer saws are light years ahead of any of their older designs. I can tell you for certain, that pound for pound and dollar for dollar, you are getting more saw with the lower end Echo's than the "homeowner" level Stihls and Husqvarna's. BTW, my CS-360T never did develope a "death rattle".......Cliff

Sigh.. I must be bored... ah well, a bit of echo bashing always goes down well...

All this vortex crap is just the usual echo marketing B.S. Echo has been shoveling all this type of fancy worded garbage onto their unsuspecting buyers for years. Notice you'll get all the details of all these fantastic features rammed into your faces, but they haven't the balls to even disclose horsepower figures. HA!

Guarantee anyone here, out in the forests, these latest and greatest echos will still be f**n hopeless next to the same cc pro-huskys and stihls. Echos have NEVER had the chainspeed or real-world grunt to compete. Reality check - for performance, pro-stihls and huskys blow echos into the weeds, always have and likely always will...

PS. I don't wanna hear anything about how the poor echos need muffler mods, re-jetting etc.. etc.. All saws are on the same level playing field, what's good for one is good for all...

Do you really have to cut through a log 2 seconds faster? Why does ECHO have a 5 year warranty and stihl and husky only 1 or 2?? ECHO knows you don't need to run a zillion rpm to get the job done,no they are not loggers saws they are fire wood saws......

Echo bashing

I have not run any Echo saws and I will not ever bash anything until I have run it. That is the way everyone needs to be. Also people need to think that since these are mass produced that it doesn't matter what brand you buy. You will probably get a super saw sometimes and sometimes you will get a real turd that doesnt work at all. As for the chain speed it is not as important as if it can get the job done. You can have asaw turn 13,000 and not cut a log as agood as a saw that can turn 7,000. The old loggers put out millions of board feet with 7,000 rpm saws. I know my papaw logged for about 30 years.

I have not run any Echo saws and I will not ever bash anything until I have run it. That is the way everyone needs to be. Also people need to think that since these are mass produced that it doesn't matter what brand you buy. You will probably get a super saw sometimes and sometimes you will get a real turd that doesnt work at all. As for the chain speed it is not as important as if it can get the job done. You can have asaw turn 13,000 and not cut a log as agood as a saw that can turn 7,000. The old loggers put out millions of board feet with 7,000 rpm saws. I know my papaw logged for about 30 years.

Right, never did buy into the chain speed hype. I have a couple of 80cc saws, one turns WAY faster but they both get through the log at the same speed. Steve

Last edited:
Never ran an Echo and probably never will, BUT I do think that they are good saws.

Last year I nearly lost a cutter due to a serious accident. A young man offered to take his place to help me finish the lot by the deadline. First morning he showed up with 2-520 Echos, chains so dull that you could not cut yourself if you tried.

August days, 100% huimidity and temps close to 95. That young man outcut all other cutters for the time he was there. 346's, Redmax 5000s and 361's were other saws on site.

Are Echos vastly superior to other models, no, but they can hold their own. I think they deserve a better rep than they get.

I know that if all I could get were Echo's, the paycheque would not suffer.

Latest posts

Back