New echo 600

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought a NIB cs-600 last friday off ebay and it was $410 with shipping I did some tuning as soon as I got it and used it on sunday and I'm very pleased with it. I brought it over to my cousins for him to try cause he's a big stihl guy after he got done with it I asked him what he thought and he just smiled and said its not a stihl. I don't know if he will ever change his mind on stihls but I know he was impressed with it.

talked to an echo dealer and he is going to trade me a brand new 600p for my 530 and 670,,, now i only have i big saw to choose when cutting bigger logs,,hope i am not making a mistake,,i like the the 530 and 670,,,the 530 is a screamer and the 670 has a lot of torque,,but i feel the 600p is the best of both worlds,,,,the 2 main reasons to trade is i don't need 2 bigger saws plus the 600p has the decompression valve which will be easier on my shoulders and back when it comes to starting it

I think the 680p would fit my needs a little better. I wanna run a 24" easily.

I've got a 600, and to be quite honest I haven't seen much difference in starting with the decompression valve, half the time I forget to use it...

talked to an echo dealer and he is going to trade me a brand new 600p for my 530 and 670,,, now i only have i big saw to choose when cutting bigger logs,,hope i am not making a mistake,,i like the the 530 and 670,,,the 530 is a screamer and the 670 has a lot of torque,,but i feel the 600p is the best of both worlds,,,,the 2 main reasons to trade is i don't need 2 bigger saws plus the 600p has the decompression valve which will be easier on my shoulders and back when it comes to starting it

Echos are so weak they have re-compression valves not de-compression valves

Sigh.. I must be bored... ah well, a bit of echo bashing always goes down well...

All this vortex crap is just the usual echo marketing B.S. Echo has been shoveling all this type of fancy worded garbage onto their unsuspecting buyers for years. Notice you'll get all the details of all these fantastic features rammed into your faces, but they haven't the balls to even disclose horsepower figures. HA!

Guarantee anyone here, out in the forests, these latest and greatest echos will still be f**n hopeless next to the same cc pro-huskys and stihls. Echos have NEVER had the chainspeed or real-world grunt to compete. Reality check - for performance, pro-stihls and huskys blow echos into the weeds, always have and likely always will...

PS. I don't wanna hear anything about how the poor echos need muffler mods, re-jetting etc.. etc.. All saws are on the same level playing field, what's good for one is good for all...

Ignorance is bliss eh. UK, CS-600, stock. Fastest and smoothest 60cc saw we've ever come across; simply flies thru timber. Faster and smoother than 560/562xp too yes...

Photos or videos??????

A 2 year old thread with only 1 photo. Jeeeeesh. Come on guys. :msp_biggrin:

255030d1349101089-echo-cs-600p-jpg

Last edited:
The only reason I don't have one in the line-up is because I have a nice 262XP. I'd still love to compare them at some point. My 262XP is stone stock, not even a muffler mod, and pound for pound is one of the strongest saws I've ever owned/ran.

The 2nd strongest saw in my line-up, pound for pound, is the Echo CS-510. It took a minor muffler mod to unleash the power, but it is very impressive for the cc's. Even better than that, it's been getting the crap ran out of it for years, with the little CS-360T right beside it, and still neither one has developed a "death rattle". Sorry PGG, but we're trying to blow one up for you, but it just ain't happening......Cliff

A pawn shop near me has a clearly used CS-600P for $200.00. I didn't check it out closely, but would be curious to know their best price if it is mechanically & structurally sound. Every once in a while a new 600P will show up on Craig's List for $300.00 +/-, but they sell PDQ.

Back