New Echo SRM265 and SRM280 using single ring Vortex engine!! Do they last as long?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. An engine running too cool is just as prone to failure as one running too hot.

As for rings...Wasnt it Mercedes? Maybe Lexus?? that did away with all piston rings on their new engines, and only have a viton, neoprene "like" seal that acts as a compression ring AND an oil ring all in one, and it has been shown to outlast iron and other types of metal rings as far as longevity, and efficiency is concerned...

The piston does slide on an oil film...now if the piston/cylinder fit is tighter than on previous models...the ring contact patch will remain "square" through out the stroke, and the piston will be able to teansfer heat directly to the cylinder.

I am surprised about ringless car. I read Motor Trend, Road and Track every month for the past few years, never heard of that. That dose not mean it is not true, can you get me the exact model and make so I can read up on it?

I am surprised about ringless car. I read Motor Trend, Road and Track every month for the past few years, never heard of that. That dose not mean it is not true, can you get me the exact model and make so I can read up on it?

Im trying to dig it up, I saw it on one forum a year or so ago, then it linked to another car specific forum and I read all about it, it was a big deal! No metal rings, just a poly/Viton like seal. Much like you see in a pressure washer pump.

There was a ton of discussions about the shape of the seal.

Latest posts

Back