New guy looking at new saws....

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally had the chance to let the 394xp stretch it's legs a bit, stumped a 34" live oak for a neighbor tonight. Everything else I'd cut with the saw was just to run it, could have easily done it with the 362. The torque is impressive, I hate stumping because the bar pinches, I finally got some wedges so have less issue with this now...but I let the 394 go without a wedge until well into the stump and it never slowed down. Also realized how the throttle response isn't really that far behind the little 350 IMO, impressive saw. I also found out, the chisel chain it came with lasted about 1/2 way through that big stump before going very dull, brand new chain....stumping and chisel do not mix but I didn't have another chain. Kind of knew it may happen, but figured I'd see what happens.

It looks like you can handle any size tree you need to now. You have some mighty nice saws now, but you need to get a backup 50cc saw, and a backup 60cc saw, and a backup 90cc saw, and the list goes on and on. You sound like you cut wood for others like I do. I enjoy the work and it keeps me from having to go to the gym, and sometimes somebody gives me money for expenses. Good luck with all the new toys

chilly, you sound as nuts as me with saws and looking for wood to cut. If you ever need a backup cutter, let me know, I'm just down the road in Williamsburg and always looking for wood to cut. I think my Irene workload has finally wound down.

Back